• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockmeister

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I'd have to say Kreutz's in Lockhart has the best sausage in Texas.

So what about you guys? What's the best out there.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, just west of Austin. Other than that, usually anywhere that isnt a chain store and the parking lot is full, is good with me.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, just west of Austin. Other than that, usually anywhere that isnt a chain store and the parking lot is full, is good with me.

Dang, I've got some good friends that live in Spicewood. Next time I'm down I need to check it out.

I was at his shop back in May and we ate from a "taquria" that's at the entrance to the shop on 71. It's really good if you have the time to wait for it. They arne't fast but they make it for you. They also have the original, real Coka Cola. It's from Mexico since we can't get it now.

And I agree about chain places. I get roped in by the wife and daughter sometimes, but I try to stay away. Althought a chain, a local chain, Babe's Chicken is awesome. I'm still in pain from eating there this afternoon!! :D

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    When looking for good BBQ in a new area, I always try to find the littlest hole-in-the-wall place as they usually have the best BBQ. ;)

Thelma's BBQ near downtown Houston... It's an old beat up shack with no A/C and you have to wait 1hr for your food because of the line, but it's worth the wait. If you don't want to wait, Thelma will come out herself and tell your azz to get steppin'. :D

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Thelma's BBQ near downtown Houston... It's an old beat up shack with no A/C and you have to wait 1hr for your food because of the line, but it's worth the wait. If you don't want to wait, Thelma will come out herself and tell your azz to get steppin'. :D

You know that's gotta be good!

GUNSLINGER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    One of the best steaks I have had in my life was at the DunBar East Motel in San Angelo. Just a little hole in the wall motel at 1728 Pulliam St., but Daaaaamn that steak rocks!

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Had Cattle Call tonight. Damn fine BBQ. Country Barn is good too, but for THE BEST ribs and jalapeno sausage anywhere, it's Wesley's Bean Pot all the way. The meat just falls of their ribs.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    My one granddaughter refuses to go to Country Barn any more. The food there does not agree with her. Maybe it's gotten better since they changed their location.
    In Wichita Falls, my vote goes to the Branding Iron. As Rachel Ray would say, YUMMO.

Top Bottom