• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There's not going to be one camo pattern the works well everywhere in Texas. Lots of very different terrain here. In central Texas you'd need something like ACU for the hill country, multicam for the piney woods (although they mostly burnt down), and something like mossy oak brush for the oak savanna.

...or like others said, just wear whatever you want since you'll be in a blind anyways :laughing:
    Lynx Defense

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Depending on time of year I would use deep wood off and wear a mosquito proof face net. As far as camouflage goes anything you find at Walmart works. You will be in a blind 90% of the time. I would wear cargo/5.11 style pants and you will be ok with short sleeve or light weight long sleeve. Lucky for you Cabelas is just south of Austin on 35 in Buda.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I like to use the Max One camo pattern. It covers the "not East Texas" portion of Texas from stem to stern. Sage, mesquite, etc. are part of this one. These areas are more dry and have different terrain than East Texas and Max One is a perfect fit for South Texas, Hill Country and West Texas.

If you are moving to East Texas, then the Real Tree Camo or Advantage Timber are good choices.

Top Bottom