• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    So, that time of year is finally here. This will be my first trip out this year for deer season. It seems every year there is some fancy lookin' new attractant or bait. In the past the persimmon buck gel and feeder fire have worked best for me in addition to corn. What draws in the big bucks for ya'll ? This year we have the advantage of more feeders and some nice cleared out areas but I am always looking to reel em' in a little closer. Any tips out there that have worked for you in the past would be great to hear about.
    Venture Surplus ad

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    What draws in the big bucks for ya'll ?

Doe's. I keep my feeder running year round and plant Oats in late Spetember to early October. As long as I have doe's coming around the bucks will follow. I've set out Tink's 69 doe scent, but I'm not really sure that works.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yep does are the best way to keep the bucks around. You might try apple scented corn the deer where I used to bow hunt loved that stuff. But the horses seem to tear down fences for it to so be careful if there are free range pony's out there. even if there are try it the horses where I use to hunt were just pasture ponies and didn't get feed much just hay and grass so that might have made them a little more hungry for my corn. I here C'meer deer works great in some places to. Good luck man.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Deer lures???

Last season, fawns and small bucks were eating the corn I poured on top of a huge oak lump(flat cut) with persimmon buck gel. They seemed drawn right to it. The apple buck gel doesn't seem to get their attention as well. Ya'll make a good point about the does though. The hottest spot this year for us has been a tripod out near a working pump jack. There are always several does there, and the bucks pop up regularly. Just yesterday I took my first buck of the season at about 80 yards with my 280 rem., crazy enough, there were no does in sight, just the carcass of the pig I had shot an hour earlier, twenty yards closer to me. I guess dead pigs don't seem to bother hungry deer at all.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Last season, fawns and small bucks were eating the corn I poured on top of a huge oak lump(flat cut) with persimmon buck gel. They seemed drawn right to it. The apple buck gel doesn't seem to get their attention as well. Ya'll make a good point about the does though. The hottest spot this year for us has been a tripod out near a working pump jack. There are always several does there, and the bucks pop up regularly. Just yesterday I took my first buck of the season at about 80 yards with my 280 rem., crazy enough, there were no does in sight, just the carcass of the pig I had shot an hour earlier, twenty yards closer to me. I guess dead pigs don't seem to bother hungry deer at all.
    I have seen bow hunters have a dead deer damn near under there tree and shoot another deer while waiting to track the first one. Deer and wild animals in general do weird things some times.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom