• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    It's time and I have finally convinced the wife and SIL to agree. :patriot:

I would like some recomendations on the best CHL class in DFW (preferably in Fort Worth or the Mid Cities)for my wife, SIL, Brother and myself. We of course would like to take as a group.

My Brother and I have been shooting for over 30 yrs. My wife and SIL have no experience with handguns.
    Lynx Defense

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    My wife and I took our's at The Shooters Club, 28th street in Fort Worth. Not in the best part of town, but we never felt uneasy there. Owner and CHL teacher is Tarrant County LEO, and prior instructor in the military. A lot of LEO's frequent the shop.

When my renewal is up in a couple of years, I'll go back without hesitation.

TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    My wife and I took our's at The Shooters Club, 28th street in Fort Worth. Not in the best part of town, but we never felt uneasy there. Owner and CHL teacher is Tarrant County LEO, and prior instructor in the military. A lot of LEO's frequent the shop.

When my renewal is up in a couple of years, I'll go back without hesitation.

I've been there a few times, never shot there or bought anything. They were always nice and helpful with my questions. Thanks

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Its a bit of a drive north of you but Red River Firearms offers an excellent class.
    Google their site and look at the photos.
    Fully staffed by LEO and LEO instructors
    Brad Blankenship was my instructor and I cannot recommend him enough.
    Its completely in house, notary, finger prints, class work, profeciency test, photos, proof read, the whole deal.

I think its worth the drive, considering the ranges ive seen in the DFW area.

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    Kinda hard question to answer since everybody takes only one class at one place and likely gets their renewal at the same one as well. That said, I did mine at Winchester Gallery off 820 and Lancaster in east FW. Very informed, patient, and helpful, especially to those who unfamilar with the process and even more to those unfamilar with shooting.

mdehoogh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    DFW
    Kinda hard question to answer since everybody takes only one class at one place and likely gets their renewal at the same one as well. That said, I did mine at Winchester Gallery off 820 and Lancaster in east FW. Very informed, patient, and helpful, especially to those who unfamilar with the process and even more to those unfamilar with shooting.

I took mine there as well and it was great.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    George Wiley, former DPD firearms instructor and armorer teaches CHL classes out of the Texas Handgun Academy at Plano and LBJ. His classes are interesting and not just the cookbook CHL material.

Techsan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Just took mine last weekend from David Gilbreath in Arlington. He taught the class out of his house and we did our shooting at Winchester Gallery which is only a couple of miles away from his house. I would send anyone to him, as I enjoyed the class and thought he was pretty good.

Orclin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Just took mine last weekend from David Gilbreath in Arlington. He taught the class out of his house and we did our shooting at Winchester Gallery which is only a couple of miles away from his house. I would send anyone to him, as I enjoyed the class and thought he was pretty good.

I have to disagree with you Techsan. I too took my CHL class with David and was very disappointed with it. I learned more about concealed carry on my own than I did in class. He may only charge $99.00 but I'll go elsewhere when renewal time comes around.

Scott

Techsan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have to disagree with you Techsan. I too took my CHL class with David and was very disappointed with it. I learned more about concealed carry on my own than I did in class. He may only charge $99.00 but I'll go elsewhere when renewal time comes around.

Scott

Scott,

His is the only class I've ever taken, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I thought he was pretty good. We admittedly did not sit down and read through the entire statute, but I didn't expect to do that anyway. Sorry your experience differed from mine.

Orclin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Nothing to apologize for. It was my first class also, but after everything I read on this board and others I guess I expected more.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom