Hurley's Gold

Best flashlight to add to Mossberg Shockwave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianb121

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2019
    Seguin
    Hey,

Just ordered one of these Mossberg shockwave in 12 gauge and need advice for a flashlight under $150 that I could attach to this home defense shotgun. There seems to be dozens if not hundreds of options. Can you guys tell me what you have attached to any of your long guns for self defense? Thanks!!

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sure you will get some good suggestions. Im not a big fan of lights attached to guns. I would vote for a cheap flashlight held in the in the weak hand. Have done quite bit of night time shooting using that format for pistols and long guns and it works pretty well. Might give it a try before dropping the money on some kinda attachable light.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sure you will get some good suggestions. Im not a big fan of lights attached to guns. I would vote for a cheap flashlight held in the in the weak hand. Have done quite bit of night time shooting using that format for pistols and long guns and it works pretty well. Might give it a try before dropping the money on some kinda attachable light.
    You do realize the shockwave has a 14” barrel and a strap on the fore end to keep your support hand from slipping in front of the muzzle, right? Holding a flashlight in the support hand is not particularly doable with a pump action 12ga firearm with a 14” barrel.
    BC57B496-53F5-4307-8476-CD61FDBF70DE.jpeg

Attachments

• BC57B496-53F5-4307-8476-CD61FDBF70DE.jpeg
      BC57B496-53F5-4307-8476-CD61FDBF70DE.jpeg
      349.7 KB · Views: 723

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You do realize the shockwave has a 14” barrel and a strap on the fore end to keep your support hand from slipping in front of the muzzle, right? Holding a flashlight in the support hand is not particularly doable with a pump action 12ga firearm with a 14” barrel. View attachment 165077
    Is that marinecote on a shockwave? or did you get some cerakote done? Looks fantastic

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    OP,
    If I had a shockwave, I would get one of these deals :https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-shockwave-flashlight-mount.html

$34 bucks and GG&G makes great stuff. Looks like an inforce attached in the screenshot. I haven't used them before but people seem to love them

I have streamlights and they have worked well for me.

Cheaper option:
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...1FWX9ESE0AWFXJCZSXJ6&qid=1552054179&s=gateway

More expensive but worth it imo model:
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...1FWX9ESE0AWFXJCZSXJ6&qid=1552054179&s=gateway

Mossberg-Shockwave-Light-Mount-2.jpg

Attachments

• Mossberg-Shockwave-Light-Mount-2.jpg
      Mossberg-Shockwave-Light-Mount-2.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 435

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    You do realize the shockwave has a 14” barrel and a strap on the fore end to keep your support hand from slipping in front of the muzzle, right? Holding a flashlight in the support hand is not particularly doable with a pump action 12ga firearm with a 14” barrel. View attachment 165077
    Yes I googled it up. Not what I had in mind for voting in favor of the young man snagging a pump shotgun but no sense in making things more bizarre by hooking a flashlight up to it.lol.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    May have to break down and buy some of that stuff for my trusty old Maverick 88. Has anybody done any research on how the performance compares with regular old buckshot? Would be nice to get some extra shots out of the same magazine. Suspect a thousand rounds would last a long time for most folks. Probably make a good barter item in an end of the world scenario..zombie or space alien invasions etc.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    May have to break down and buy some of that stuff for my trusty old Maverick 88. Has anybody done any research on how the performance compares with regular old buckshot? Would be nice to get some extra shots out of the same magazine. Suspect a thousand rounds would last a long time for most folks. Probably make a good barter item in an end of the world scenario..zombie or space alien invasions etc.
    The Opsol adapter is about $17. It takes about 4 seconds to install/uninstall.

Across a room I am 100% positive if you had to shoot a goblin with the mini shells you would not hear the goblin say” motherfucker, you just shot me with a 1.75” shell, I’m going to whip your ass”

Without the box in front of me I want to say they are advertised at 1100 or 1200 FPS.

Federal will have theirs out later this year as well.

1,000 rounds will not last that long in Casa de Hoji. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    You will need one of these;http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/ to ensure cycling.
    Thanks. Heard that gizmo mentioned previously and couldn’t figure out what was it. Did I misread the link or did it say the slightly longer Nobell brand mini shells would function ok without? That reduced recoil looks good in the movie for folks who shoot a lot. That should teach those mean old Pumpkins a hard lesson to act nicer in the future.lol

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thanks. Heard that gizmo mentioned previously and couldn’t figure out what was it. Did I misread the link or did it say the slightly longer Nobell brand mini shells would function ok without? That reduced recoil looks good in the movie for folks who shoot a lot. That should teach those mean old Pumpkins a hard lesson to act nicer in the future.lol
    Could not tell you about the 2” shells. Have never used them.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sounds y’all have some pretty calm get togethers. Made and got invited to several overnight celebrations for BBQ enthusiasts called Q Fests. The guy who hosted the most such events down at Houston made folks get patted down and wanded prior to being allowed in. Guess they tend to be more hot tempered grudge holders than y’all.

Top Bottom