Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Ok, i guess my karma is going to go south real quick

Neighbor going through ugly divorce court ordered sale of assets
    Bought Rem. 870, S&W 357, S&W Lady Smith 3913

$250 for the lot
    That pissed off the soon to be ex wife as they where hers...
    Also go the safe for $50

Girlfriend said stop buying guns or she will be my ex, I told her to stop buying shoes

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Girlfriend said stop buying guns or she will be my ex, I told her to stop buying shoes

My wife said something similar to that one night after going to the store. I just told her that I hoped she likes her new apartment. She laughed and told me that she also stopped at Academy and got me some ammo (before the ammo shortage).

Get your girlfriend well trained. Problem solved.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    damn, yall have had some good luck....im poor so even a good deal is still a struggle hahahah

I know how you feel. The norinco I bought I had to put on layaway. Even then the guy who was working the counter didnt want to do that. So i had to put some money down and pick it up the next week. He said after 7 days to bad. I was back in 5!

The winchester I bought from a guy at work and he was fine with me giving him half and the other half a week or so later.

The Colt I bought. Well luckily Pasadena Gun Range has layaway.

Otherwise right now if someone walked up to me with NIB RRA AR-15 and said $300 right now. I would tell them might as well say $1,000,000 because I don't even have that.

gtatejr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    Two years ago I picked up an old CZ75 from the pawn shop for $200 out the door, it's in great shape, just has a crappy finish, it's all beat up and looks like it was carried in a tool box.

Last summer I picked up a Norinco Tokarev from the same pawn shop for $75.

Still looking for my next good deal.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Best deal would have to be a Ruger MkI for $45.00 out of a pawn shop in Corpus about 5 years ago.

Most recent good deal would be a AMT Hardballer long slide and a Marlin 336 for $500.00 OTD from a different pawn shop.

There is also the Ruger 44 carbine for $175.00 and the Stevens 200 NIB for $200.00.

I HATE pawnshops.:p

Joat

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I got a damn steal of a deal on a HD shotty this weekend at McBride's... I was just milling around not really sure if I was going to buy anything and then the guy next to me was selling some really nice sawed-off pieces and unfortunately they couldn't sell them too me but I was looking around and tucked amongst the AKs and ARs was a beauty of a 20 gauge piece... a chromed out Stoeger Coachgun... $275... I was like hell yeah... the weight of it is a thing of beauty... pics soon to come... of course the breakopen action was really stiff... a little Rem oil when I got home and playing around with it soon cured that... I can't wait to take it out to the range and put some shells through it... yee haw

jwise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Spring
    Let's see:

1) H&K P9S Target LNIB for $400
    2) H&K P7K3 in factory .22lr configuration for $525
    3) Kimber Stainless 5" .45acp for $400 (included a few boxes of ammo and a couple Wilson 47D magazines!)
    4) Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special (hardly fired) for $1300
    5) Springfield M21 for $1600
    6) Pre-Ban AR with extra complete upper for $600 (back during the ban era)
    7) H&K P7M8 (with a little holster wear) for $600 (and I'm not talking about the police trade-in P7 PSP)

And probably some others I can't think of right now...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    1903 Springfield made in June of 1921 for $125 back in 1988. Sweetest rifle I've ever owned and still do. Then I found the 17 inch bayonet for it for $15 at a yard sale.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    An Ithaca model 49 single shot .22 at a gun show for $40. It's the first thing inthe truck for any range session. Same show about two months later a Mossberg Chuckster .22 mag bolt action for $60.

You don't find deals like that anymore.

cdevon1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    a guy owed me some money...

for changing the paint on his victory motorcycle a few years ago- i told him i dont take checks... and he knows where i work, a few days later he shows up at work(at a bike shop) with a ruger 10/22 with a folding stock along with 4 factory 10 round mags and a pair of preban 50 rounders. hands it to me and says "good trade?" yes i tell him and that was that.
    i have 4 10/22's now.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I bought an SKS in the early 90's for $89.
    While in the Army I went to a drugstore in upstate New York. They regularly had a few dozen mil-surp rifles on the racks for $60-70 each. At the time I picked up an Enfield and a mint 1896 Mauser in 6.5 Swede.
    I paid $150 for both and a decade later traded them when I was in the police academy for a backup gun.
    Also got a used Marlin 30AS (lever action .30-30) for $50. I still have it and it shoots well.:banghead:

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Good karma going bad?
    Have no clue the true value of the gem last night.

Winchester 94ae legacy in 357 mag long barrel (thumb tang safety) with 2 boxes of 357 soft point

used unfired no scratches NIB quality
    hammer face only shows minor rub from working of the action

$378 out the door

Now the big question...

Did I just buy a safe queen or a hog shooter since they no longer make this?

Smile you going to be on obamacare... I feel sick already

concealed9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    m11

open bolt m-11 .380 in the zipper case that can double as a " vest" if the kevlar plate is inserted... 3 mags and the fake can
    john

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    The best deals I've made lately are a sporterized .303 Enfield and a CZ-52 pistol for $100 each. A few years ago, my wife went to an estate auction and bought me a Mossberg pump 12 gauge shotgun for $18.
    But the best deal in my life was actually made by my dad. In 1965, when I was 11 and my brother was 13, my dad decided we needed something other than .410 shotguns with slugs for deer, so he bought me a (Pre-64) Winchester 94 .30-30 and my brother an Underwood M1 Carbine for a total of $75. After my brother died, I inherited the M1 and recently sold it for $1000, but I still have the .30-30 and shot a deer with it last year. Since 40 years have passed since the deal, it would take some calculation to figure out what $75 would be in today's dollars, but I have a feeling I came out better than inflation. Besides, with the money I sold the M1 for, I bought 3 rifles, a shotgun, and 2 pistols. I miss the carbine, but I have a safe full of shooters now.

Top Bottom