• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    A neighbor gave me a sporterized Mexican Mauser (7 x 57) because I saw that his house was on fire and I called the fire department and got a hose on it until they arrived. Free is hard to beat.
    Target Sports

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Best deal i ever got

When I was a kid, I worked for a man down the block. I mowed, worked in the flower beds and once in a while, helped him at toy wholesale conventions in Chicago.

This guy was a real cheap skate and he always tried to trade something for the money he owed me. On one occasion, he owed me $9.00, a huge sum for a kid like me. He paid me $8.00 and "the old rifle down in the basement".

That rifle was a Springfield 1922M2 22 target rifle! Even at that time, they were rare and expensive. I kept the rifle for about 25 years and finally traded it for a boat. I tried many times to buy it back but......no dice.

Flash

jamesmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Cleburne Texas
    I bought my 30-30 Winchester for a little over $90.00 new of course that was about 40 years ago. I bought a double barrel Rossi 12 ga for $80.00.A little over a year ago I bought a SKS for $160.00.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I think the best deal was a gift from my father:
    We were at a large Houston-area gun shop, intending to order one of those Navy Arms reproduction Winchester 1892 Trappers in .357 for me. The guy behind the counter says, "We have one here, I think."
    It wasn't a Navy Arms gun, it was a very early USRAC 1894 Trapper in .30-30. 16" barrel, 'color case hardened' receiver, saddle ring, and a spot of missing bluing on the barrel near the muzzle. It looked nearly unfired, like a drop of sweat (or blood) had messed up the bluing.
    I think we paid $200 for it, and it's something I'll never sell.

Eli

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    I don't remember what I ended up giving for it off hand, but I found a winchester wrangler 44mag some years back at Galyons. I don't normally buy firearms at a big store like that, however I had a coupon, then there was the slighest scratch on the stock, so ended up being a heck of a deal.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I bought a car for $300, put about $50 in parts plus oil change into it. Drove it for a couple of months saving gas and mileage on the Cobra then turned around and got $300 cash and a Glock 29 10mm with less than 50 rounds fired through it in trade...

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    The HK USP in my avatar. 550. Had a couple of hundred rounds down the pipe. He just didn't like it. So I jumped on it. :)

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One time I had made the trek over to my grandparent's house in Northern Alabama during the summer. I was going through my grandfather's cabinet looking for some Hoppes to clean his Browining semi-auto .22 and stumbled across a box with a Ruger Mark 1 broken down inside. He told me his old hands just couldn't get it back together anymore and that if I could assemble it I could keep it. Not only is it a great gun but it's the only one I have any sentimental attachment to. I remember when he passed away, taking it out of the safe and really detail cleaning it. He was a very important person in my life. :(

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    A friend gave me a Turk Mauser in 8 X 57. I re-finished the stock and cleaned it up a bit, good shooter. For actual $ spent? A S&W M-58 (fixed sight .41 mag) in 95+% condition, first year of manufacture for $165 at a pawn shop that did not know what they had. It had been there a while, covered in dust. No one else coming in the shop realized what a gem it was. I could probaly sell it now for $1000.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    S&W .357 Pre-war magnum. $900.00, discovered in a gunshop in Simi Valley, CA and mis-marked "M27".
    Bob
    FORUMPICS011.gif

concealed9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    i forgot this one...

picked up a colt nickel plated new-service chambered in .357 magnum
    for 50.00 bucks at the astrohall show (man i miss those big shows)

john

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    A couple years ago got a SF loaded 1911 for 200 bucks,then this last week picked up a socom 2 with 200 rounds (only 50 rounds thru it)and 4 20 rounds mags for one of my new Romanian AK 47 +400 bucks.

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    opps.forogt one. Plus I need 8 more post so I can try to sell one or two of these.
    Picked up a H&R M-1 garand alomst collectors grade and a good shooter 2 years ago also.

Top Bottom