• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    What was the best Gun deal you ever saw or purchased?
    An absolute no-brainer deal that could not be passed up

Whats the Best Pawn Shop deal you have seen or purchased?

include how much you saved.
    Guns International

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    My first Seecamp:

When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, I was taking a buddy out to all the local gun and pawn shops helping him get a feel for what he wants to get for a carry gun. One of the last places we go into was a little hole in the wall pawn shop with mostly overpriced junk, when in the corner and the glass I see a lightly used little Seecamp .32. I ask to look at it, check it over...while it's a little dirty it's in really good shape, I ask what they wanted for it and he tells me $225. Needless to say, about 15 mins later it followed me home.

oct1307002gi0.jpg

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    My first Seecamp:

When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, I was taking a buddy out to all the local gun and pawn shops helping him get a feel for what he wants to get for a carry gun. One of the last places we go into was a little hole in the wall pawn shop with mostly overpriced junk, when in the corner and the glass I see a lightly used little Seecamp .32. I ask to look at it, check it over...while it's a little dirty it's in really good shape, I ask what they wanted for it and he tells me $225. Needless to say, about 15 mins later it followed me home.

oct1307002gi0.jpg

nice piece. What kind of grouping did you manage with it?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I bought both my SKS and my AK47 for $150 each, also picked up a kel-tec p11 9mm for 200. Got my Taurus PT99 for free.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Picked up my Ruger 44 Redhawk with less than 50 rounds down it for 225.00 in a pawn shop.
    That's the best deal that I cut that's worth bragging about.;)

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    When I sold my M1A, I had about 20 GI magazines for it (total cost zero; I wonder how that happened :rolleyes:), that I did not sell with the rifle. I traded them and $79 for a brand new S&W Model 629 PP stainless .44 Magnum that the local gun store had in on consignment from an estate sale. It was unfired and still had the factory warranty card in the box.

Of course, there's always the Ruger 10/22 I got for free.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Best deal I got? Marlin Model 60 for $10 cash. The rebound stop for the bolt had broken, and part of it was keeping the trigger from working properly. Took two minutes to fix.

My friend picked up a Mak 90 for $100 not too long ago. He looked at it at a gun show, and when he stripped it it was obvious that the rifle had been used with corrosive ammo but not cleaned. The bore is bright (yay chrome!), but the bolt carrier and gas piston are pitted. Who cares? It still works perfectly.

What is this "consignment Im always hearing about? What does it mean when you buy a gun on consignment? How do you do it?"

Consignment is basically when a store sells a gun for someone else.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ruger M77 Mk II in .243 for $300, almost new. Savage 99 in .243 for $200.

I don't like .243s much, but couldn't pass them up at that price.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    A Stainless Colt Government Series 80 in .38 Super for maybe $200.00 worth of used craftsman wrenchs. It was still new in the box in the packageing with oil on it.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I got a few.

Norinco 1911 with all the bells and whistles for $540 out the door. Marksmen had a plain jane nothing done to Norinco in the case as well and they were selling it for $375 and then another one with a little bit done to it for $450. Mine has front slide serations, checkering on the front strap, Nowlin Match Grade barrel w/ a ramp, MMC sights, Briley spherical bushing, Wilson Combat extended safety and slide release, skeletonized trigger, commander hammer, S&A magwell, beavertail grip safety and probably some other things as well.

Also got my CZ-75BD for $380 at Gander Mtn when Academy had the B model for $415.

Early 80's model Winchester Model 94 that looks like it just came out of the box for $225

Finally I got a Colt Trooper MKIII .357 for $330 that looks like it just came out of the box as well.

Other than those I paid retail.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I forgot about the mint S&W 32-1 I picked up last month for $150.

How could I forget about that? It's one of my favorites now!

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Just picked up a LE Glock 26, 2nd gen for $325. It was a BIL deal literally.

Came with (1) 10 round LE marked mag, (1) 10 round LE marked with factory +2 extension and a G19 mag with extender sleeve.

He bought it from a retired LE who used it as his bug. Gun is flawless.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Well, the "best deal" isn't necessarily in terms of money, at least this far in my gun shopping life.

I found my Commander at a pawn shop in Corpus. It was sitting in the glass case and I couldn't leave it alone. It was $650 but talked the guy off $25 and got it near $680 out the door. Now for the gun, price was on par, not really any kind of steal-of-a-deal. Where the "best find" comes in is how well this gun shoots.

I don't foresee letting this gun go without serious compensation for its loss.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    My best deal was when a neighbor started going blind and called me saying "I have a gun I need you to buy, come on over".

$175 later I owned a model 38 Smith that broke the frame within the first 15 rounds. S&W sent me a brand new model 638 that was selling around $450 at the time.

That was a fine deal!

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    One of the best deals was when a gun dealer was going out of business and
    I picked up a Ruger MKII 10'' Bull Barrel for $150.00

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    The best deals are when my co-workers "crack out" and sell me their guns for cheap.
    In the last year I have bought a
    Sig Sauer P220 .45 for $200,
    Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 for $220,
    Glock 26 9mm for $300, and a
    Bushmaster AR-15 .223/5.56mm for $500
    all from guys in my agency.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Best deal was a gun a friend arranged for a pawnshop to sale me while I was in college in 1992:

HK91 pre-ban (1979 manufacture) 6 aluminum mags, 3 steel, 1 plastic, standard stock, old model collapseable stock, Choate side folder, heavy buffers, heavy fore-end with bipod, 4x illuminated scope and claw mount, german issue sling, and case for $500 with transfer and shipping.

Guy had pawned it to the shop with all the trimmings for $200, guy that ran the shop was behind on paying my buddy for extra hours security work on paydays, so he gave my buddy gun credit.

After that best deals are from my tactical tupperware pimp:

Model 26 - $375
    Model 17 - $350
    Model 30 - $325

malladus

Top Bottom