• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Best prices and inventory I have found is Tomball Pawn. Best Range Indoor is Shiloh or in Conroe, Shooters Station is real nice. For a one stop shop for everything is Carter Country. Gun prices a little high, but they have it( I like them best for reloading supplies ).

That does it. I've got to drive out to Tomball Pawn, been meaning to.
    Carter's Country...does anybody actually read the drivel the ol' egotistical boy puts in his weekly newspaper ad? "Here I am at my Sombrerito Ranch, watchin' the embers of my fire die down and watchin' the sunset while watchin' El Capitan Grande my 30-point buck, while eatin' some poor cowboy fixins, just some Filet Mignon and shrimp that Jose my camp cook grubbed up. Sure don't miss the traffic in Houston that all my loyal customers are in right now, heh heh. Well, hope y'all enjoyed hearing 'bout my good life at my little spread! And don't forget Carter's Country for all y'alls shootin' stuff! 6 months same as cash!"
    On the plus side....um... well, some of the salesmen at CC are nice. I DID make a good deal there - once. I do drop in, in remembrace of that good deal, and scan their used guns. They have good air-conditioning. I have bought primers there on occasion...when they could be found.
    Gotta keep ol' Bill Carter out there at the ranch!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My wife bought me a gun one Christmas from Pig Supply, years ago. She too said she felt good about the folks there. An AMT .45 Backup. Never was much of a gun, but it was fun to play with. Fired it for duty quals once. 1 section required 3 mags in 10 seconds (instructor was in to hi-cap 9mm). Never could beat the clock on that one with its european style mag release. But it was fun to try. Thanks for reminding me and +1 for Pig Supply.

I dont have much experience with different gun shops, .. But I was very impressed with Pig Supply in Highlands. As a girl(obviously) and a 1st time purchaser, I was made to feel very welcome. Im sure some of the questions I had were pretty stupid, and if they thought so, they never let me know. LOL But seriously, i really enjoyed my visit and learned so much. Personally, I would rather spend my money with local mom and pop shops than big chain stores. Its more personal that way. I hate that these larger chain stores are smothering the little guys. and im not necessarily talking just gun shops...

Ok, well theres my contribution..

BTW... I introduced myself on the introduction forum

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    That does it. I've got to drive out to Tomball Pawn, been meaning to.
    Carter's Country...does anybody actually read the drivel the ol' egotistical boy puts in his weekly newspaper ad? "Here I am at my Sombrerito Ranch, watchin' the embers of my fire die down and watchin' the sunset while watchin' El Capitan Grande my 30-point buck, while eatin' some poor cowboy fixins, just some Filet Mignon and shrimp that Jose my camp cook grubbed up. Sure don't miss the traffic in Houston that all my loyal customers are in right now, heh heh. Well, hope y'all enjoyed hearing 'bout my good life at my little spread! And don't forget Carter's Country for all y'alls shootin' stuff! 6 months same as cash!"
    On the plus side....um... well, some of the salesmen at CC are nice. I DID make a good deal there - once. I do drop in, in remembrace of that good deal, and scan their used guns. They have good air-conditioning. I have bought primers there on occasion...when they could be found.
    Gotta keep ol' Bill Carter out there at the ranch!

+1 and very well said
    Bill Carter will never get another penny of my money..
    Damn guess I've said this before sorry just my opinion

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    At 7 yds (21') which is probably a decent sized room for most people, you might get a 4" spread with 00 buck......does not exactly make it "impossible" to miss somebody.

....just my .02

EDIT: This is also out of an SD style shotgun with a typical short barrel.

An AOW shotgun with a 12" barrel has it covered.

Top Bottom