Join TexasGunTalk

Best Gun Shops To Visit In DFW?

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by Street Wolf, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Street Wolf

Street Wolf Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Wichita Falls
    Just curious what people who are more familiar with the DFW area consider to be the best gun shops and LE/Mil. supply stores in the area to visit?

2. rt-texas

rt-texas New Member

Mar 30, 2013
    carrollton
    Jackson Armory in University Park. Lots of cool weapons and antiques. Cool little shop with very friendly people more than happy to talk to you. Mr Jackson is a class gentleman.

Rays Sporting Goods on Singleton. Just on the other side of the new expensive bridge from I35. Lots of stuff, very very nice people.

3. Hondo

Hondo Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Well there is Cabela's and Bass Pro of course.

Some other ones are GT Distributors, Cheaper Than Dirt (politics aside they do have a lot of firearms) McClellands, Jackson Arms, Bachman, Rays, and Military Gun Supply

4. equin

equin Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Any particular place in the DFW metroplex you'll be visiting? As you probably know, it's a pretty big area geographically, and you can drive an hour and a half from one corner of DFW to another depending on traffic.

Aside from that and in addition to the other shops mentioned above, one other cool gun shop to visit is the Beretta Gallery in Highland Park. Granted, you need to be rich to buy some of the stuff from there, but where else can you get a glance at $100K+ shotgun beauties!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. Street Wolf

Street Wolf Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Wichita Falls
    Thanks guys, I try to do my own research usually but things like this are just hard to do on the internet if you're not personally familiar with the area. Seeing as you might find a place that looks cool, mark the location, and then when you get there they don't actually have a store front, or it's just a horrible little pawn shop.

The only ones me and my friend are really familiar with already is GT's since that's where we buy out gear from most of the time, Cabela's and CheaperThanNoOne.

Thanks man, I wanted to visit the Beretta Gallery but didn't get to do it last time. I'm pretty well open to anything and everything in the entire DFW area since the trip down there is made solely for eyeballing and gun/gear hunting. :cool:

6. dustycorgill

dustycorgill Well-Known

Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    All suggestions above are great places. But NOT Cheaper Than Dirt, and no its not politics, its that there customer service sucks donkey balls. Trust me.

7. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    ctd and bullet trap are fine if you like paying high prices and having shitty customer service. rays is decent. you already know about gt dist. another is gun gear to go in plano. as always the internet is your best bet though.

8. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Gun Gear To Go in Plano is worth a look. Decent selection (for a small store) and friendly staff who know their stuff.

9. zx9rt1

zx9rt1 Active Member TGT Supporter

Aug 6, 2008
    Exactly! However, if you have the fuel to waste, time to waste, go check it out for yourself. That way you can witness it first hand. CTD is a no go in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

10. Sapper740

Sapper740 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jan 21, 2013
    For military surplus, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Omaha's Surplus on White Settlement Road in Fort Worth. They're about the best military surplus store I've been too, and that's saying a lot. Next up would be Army Navy Warehouse just off I35 near the Dallas/Carrolton border. For gun stores I use Call to Arms in Denton. It's a small store and they don't have a lot of firearms on hand but will order whatever you want for a very small mark-up. It's run by a friendly Father/son team and always have coffee on the pot and a couple of good ol' boys willing to shoot the shit with you.