• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Well, that's embarrassing. I've been calling them by the wrong name, but that is the same place.

I suspected part of my problem was I was 10 years younger than all the customers they were actually bothering to talk to. Plus going over lunch was a bad idea because they were busy.
    Texas SOT

DexMorgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Texas
    They didn't seem to be all that busy when I visited them. Also, I'm in my early 40's and I don't look poor, so I'm not really sure why I was invisible to them. Anyway, even if they had the best customer service on the planet, I'm not uninformed enough to pay premium++ prices on guns that I can find for a reasonable cost someplace else.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Grab a Gun,

I haven't been to the store, yet. Was told about it yesterday. Found it on the web and it looks very promising, price wise anyway. If you have experience, let us know.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Grabagun.com in Coppell can be a bear to find. They are tucked away behind a warehouse in an office park off the beaten path and they have no sign on their store.

The best thing you can do is order online, but if they have something you want and would prefer to pick up in person or pay cash you can find what you want online and order to pick it up in-store or just order in the store itself if its a cash only purchase.

The actual in-store selection is so-so. They are obviously geared towards online sales, but they do sell ammo and it's reasonable though more expensive than say, Academy, but cheaper than Bass Pro or Gander Mountain. Selection is hit or miss on ammo because of the times. However, they generally stock .22 LR and 9mm consistently.

Customer service is also so-so. The guys I've dealt with have been helpful but if they get more than one customer it can take forever and the back office guys will NOT come out and help. They seem content having one guy running the counter and they don't seem to care how long a transaction takes. If there are three customers waiting and you are Customer #3 in line my advice is to leave and come back another time.

I really want to like them because they are convenient to get to and their prices are generally good but I don't always have time to deal with their spotty service.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    CrazedJava, after I saw it on the net I thought it looked like a great browsing store. Not so! Another friend described the service and feel of the "store front" just as you have. Thanks for making it clear for all.

plo231

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    I made two purchase from Grabagun.com recently. First was a walk in purchase that want very smooth. The second was an online purchase with pickup that was just as smooth. The personal behind the counter were friendly and the prices are very reasonable.
    I will continue to do business with them.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I made two purchase from Grabagun.com recently. First was a walk in purchase that want very smooth. The second was an online purchase with pickup that was just as smooth. The personal behind the counter were friendly and the prices are very reasonable.
    I will continue to do business with them.

I've made two purchases there the first was smooth but turns out they sold me a california version of the pistol and it had 10rd mags (stupid me never thought to check the mags in store) but they made it right and sent me some 15rd ones.

Second time I went in to pickup....and it took about 45min to even get to start my paperwork because the line was 4 people deep. As said above my suggestion would be to come back if the lines that deep.

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    DFW Shooting Sports in Bedford is worth a visit. They have a large inventory of handguns, long guns, ammo and supplies, and a friendly and helpful counter crew if you're looking for something specific. Their Bargain Room has lots of old grips and miscellaneous items at good prices. The new owners are very customer oriented.

DFW Shooting Sports Bedford, TX, 76022 - YP.com

Obamascared

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Bachman has done me right many of times when they have a sale its good. Picked up my 82a1 50cal for under 8k but that was a few years ago

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Bachmann Gun & Pawn is a solid, well-run enterprise. Back in 2001 they intercepted one of the 6 guns that had been stolen in my truck, and I got it back. It seems that a man had tried to pawn my .44 Automag because he'd been trying to use .44 Mag ammo in it. The guy at Bachmann figured (rightly) that the gun wasn't originally his and made an excuse to check on prices back in the office. They called the police and checked, finding it was a stolen gun, then went back in and dickered with the customer until the police arrived. The gun was taken into custody and returned to me not long afterward. Because the pawn attempt had not been done, I didn't even have to pay a pawn ticket to get it back. (Texas law protects Pawn Brokers by requiring recovery of pawned guns to have the pawn ticket paid off. I understand that it is possible to get a court order with help of a lawyer to avoid paying the ticket, but the lawyer usually costs more than the ticket, so no one does it.) I was pleased that they were so attentive and got me my gun back. Unfortunately, the gun had changed hands many times in the intervening 3 weeks since the theft, so no leads to the other 5 guns and the truck resulted. (I did get another of the guns back a couple of years ago, 10 years after it was stolen.)

flashguy

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    DFW Shooting Sports in Bedford is worth a visit. They have a large inventory of handguns, long guns, ammo and supplies, and a friendly and helpful counter crew if you're looking for something specific. Their Bargain Room has lots of old grips and miscellaneous items at good prices. The new owners are very customer oriented.

DFW Shooting Sports Bedford, TX, 76022 - YP.com

I am not sure when the ownership changed, but last I stepped in there couple of years ago they wanted $1500 for SW M&P15. Never bothered to go in again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom