Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Since I couldn't go to "the big shoot" I went to the gun show instead

Street Wolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Wichita Falls
    Drove down early from Wichita Falls yesterday and hit up both the gun show and DSG's grand opening. Equally fun to attend, and bought some things from both places, was a good day.

Got to say DSG is top on my list now. Everyone we talked to seemed very approachable and willing to talk/help versus a lot of places and people I've spoken too.

(The $8 Pmags, free hamburgers, drinks, and etc.. were a nice bonus too)

11_03_13.jpg

11_02_13_6.jpg

23523463262.jpg

camartin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Went by DSG yesterday. They told me the showroom was for LE and military only. They let me have a look however and it is a nice place. I am sad that I won't be able to go in there as it is 3 miles from my house.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Went by DSG yesterday. They told me the showroom was for LE and military only. They let me have a look however and it is a nice place. I am sad that I won't be able to go in there as it is 3 miles from my house.

Really? Well that sucks, was thinking about dropping by there this weekend, but not anymore. Thanks for posting that.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX

Was there in the afternoon. Yeah it was for LE and Mil, I had to show my CHL to get in. But yeah its a nice store and I really felt like a kid in candyshop.
    NV's
    Thermals
    Noveske's
    LMT

and what not

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I scoured on-line and I see no mention of restrictions on purchasing except for the normal Con-US and the like either on-line or at the retail store.

I think I will call tomorrow and ask.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    So I'm a little confused ... only LEO and Military and CHL holders allowed to shop?

Seemed like they are still not comfortable civilians visiting the store front. Or just making regulars feel line it was more like a secured facility;)

Sent from the black hole

picasso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Trophy Club
    Seemed like they are still not comfortable civilians visiting the store front. Or just making regulars feel line it was more like a secured facility;)

Sent from the black hole

Supposedly they are trying it out the first weekend of every month for civilians. I went last weekend and got in no problem. Had a great time. Very nice folks there. Bought an AR lower.

The rest of the month it's for Military and LE.

camartin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    I was probably there with Kusai. They let me in and it is an awesome store. Some cool stuff. The guy that was at the entry made a comment I have thought about since then. He said, and I quote, "if you have a CHL at least we know you have been through a background check." I coached youth baseball for 8 years and went through an extensive background check every year but, obviously have no way to prove that. So since I have no CHL is it assumed I am a bad guy? I don't need a background check to go to Academy to by an AR15. Surely that was not what he is implying but, it is what he said. I guess I won't ever get the chance to understand their reasoning but, it sure seems a case of guilty until proven innocent. Mostly I am disappointed that such a great store so close to me is unavailable to me. On the bright side, it probably saved me Thousands though.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I don't see how the storefront can stay open with that kind of mentality.

Every trip to San Antonio, I make sure to visit Top Brass ... which I'm assuming is a similar store.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I scoured on-line and I see no mention of restrictions on purchasing except for the normal Con-US and the like either on-line or at the retail store.

I think I will call tomorrow and ask.

If you call them, please let us know what they tell you.

Top Bottom