Best hamburger in Texas?

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
That is sad, but understandable.
Next time you come through Anderson county and Elkhart, give me a hollar and maybe we can hit the Stockman's Cafe in Elkhart for a burger. They have some pretty good burgers!

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
When she told me about it, I thought it was maybe because of the Covid19 nonsense, but she said they decided to shut down before all that nonsense started. IIRC, I think the youngest employee there had been there at least thirty years!
I think we went there more for my old buddy to say high to those working there then the food. I had been in the kitchen years ago & it was pretty nasty, but I never got sick on the food.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
I never darken the doorway of a McD's.

Can't remember when the last time I was in one. Perhaps 50 years ago for a Coke?

WT_Foxtrot

Jan 23, 2019
North Texas
Three really good ones are:

Alamo Springs outside of Fredericksburg
The original Kincaid's on Camp Bowie in FW
Fred's in downtown FW

And if you're north of the Red, Meers Store and Restaurant in Meers, OK outside of Lawton is amazing.

toby1

Dec 28, 2018
Llano, Tx
Was there ever a sambos in texas?

What not funny?

They had good burgers for a chain even if they had no self awareness. But they died in the 70s so. They would be smoking heaps today and appropriately so. Good food though.
There was one in Clear Lake, on Nasa Rd. 1, just before you got to NASA.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
There a pretty good burger place in downtown San Antonio near SAC called The Cove.
Decent burgers.
Watch out for the freakoids tho. LoL.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
I've eaten at Maple & Motor. They don't do anything weird - making giant burgers or grinding up only filet minion or something. They just make really good burgers. I have to admit, it's the very best burger I ever ate.

Steve Harvey held a nationwide contest maybe 10 years ago and Maple & Motor won. I asked the manager what they do that makes their burger so good. His response was something to the effect of maybe you should ask all those other places what they put in the burgers that makes them less than great.

Sonic had a really good Angus burger for about a year. I guess it made their other stuff look crappy, so they discontinued it. It was exceptionally good for a fast-food place.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads