• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Marvin Hurst is a local reporter who does a segment called 'Neighborhood Eats' on KENS5. Marvin is a great guy and knows good food, but like all such reviews it is highly subjective. Here is his Facebook post today...and he included pics of each so my stomach is grumbling! ;) ;);)
    Copied that list for future reference. I've been to San Antonio Burger, Chesters and Longhorn Cafe. All are good.
    Texas SOT

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And yet the orange and white is still darn good for mass produced burgers. We don't hit our local one often because there's usually a long line.

Whataburger is fast food. IMO, they just seem to be the best for burgers if you are wanting quick, and a decent burger. But they can never hold a candle to a great handmade burger that the smaller restaurants make.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Whataburger is hit or miss.
    The local ones here S’UK big time.
    Ones in other towns are meh to decent.

Honestly, I have never had a bad burger at any Whataburger over the years.

For me, I like Whataburger and Sonic because they seem very consistent from one place to another. Not the best burgers, but decent and I know what to expect, regardless of where I stop to eat.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Whataburger is hit or miss.
    The local ones here S’UK big time.
    Ones in other towns are meh to decent.

The one in Sealy is the slowest hamburger place I’ve ever been to. Burgers were good, but good heavens they are slow.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The one in Sealy is the slowest hamburger place I’ve ever been to. Burgers were good, but good heavens they are slow.

Since they remodeled the one in Palestine a couple of years ago, and added an extra drive thru lane, it's gotten much faster in the service.

Even if it has a very long line of cars, it does pretty quickly.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    View attachment 227129

These people do not know what they're talking about!

Dallas, Texas, is home to Maple & Motor, where the signature attraction is a cheeseburger — a half-pound of finely ground American beef flat-grilled in its own juices and topped with mustard, lettuce, red onion and dill pickle. That concoction is served on a hot, toasted, grill-shined bun. “If perfect ain’t enough, add a slunk of American, cheddar or pepper jack,” the menu says. The more cheese, the better, right?

I'm going up DFW area for the Nascar race next month. I will have to stop by that place on the way to track.

I need to try Papa's burger. I imagine the burgers should be great with all the trimmings from the steakhouse next door. I love that Pappas steakhouse

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Back when I was in school, many many years ago, we had a local burger joint drive-in that was at the time back then, the best place in Palestine to get a great burger. It was called Ralph's Drive-In. It even had car hops on skates that took your order and brought it out to you. It was an extremely popular hang out spot for teenagers on the weekends, day or night.

There was nothing fancy or special about the burgers. They were just really great simple burgers. But the onion rings were awesome. Some of the best I can remember I ever had. I judge onion rings by that standard. Very few ever reach that level of goodness for me. And their milkshakes were pretty good too. Ralph's was were I learned to appreciate a really good Cherry Coke!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Back when I was in school, many many years ago, we had a local burger joint drive-in that was at the time back then, the best place in Palestine to get a great burger. It was called Ralph's Drive-In. It even had car hops on skates that took your order and brought it out to you. It was an extremely popular hang out spot for teenagers on the weekends, day or night.

There was nothing fancy or special about the burgers. They were just really great simple burgers. But the onion rings were awesome. Some of the best I can remember I ever had. I judge onion rings by that standard. Very few ever reach that level of goodness for me. And their milkshakes were pretty good too. Ralph's was were I learned to appreciate a really good Cherry Coke!
    And McDonalds ruined things. There are still some small driveins in Lubbock. Have you ever been to Meers Oklahoma? They serve a burger that fills a pie plate. Share is the word.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And McDonalds ruined things. There are still some small driveins in Lubbock. Have you ever been to Meers Oklahoma? They serve a burger that fills a pie plate. Share is the word.

We already had a Burger King and a Jack in the Box at the time. I can't even recall when McDonalds came to town.

Ralph's had no competition from any fast food burger place in our town at the time. That place was always packed. Both high schools in the area, had open campus policies, so we could leave campus at lunch time and go where ever we wanted to. So Ralph's had a lot of lunch crowd from the high schools.

What killed Ralph's was Ralph dying and no one taking it over. I can't recall if he had any family that would have taken it over now. It went under in the late 1980's.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    McDonald's is the ABSOLUTE WORST.............they suck ass. And that is what their burgers taste like.
    Blushing.......I guess it would be easier to go to McDonalds than to catch Bobcat and taste it's ass. Besides the embarrassment of having a Bobcat following me around.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Many decades ago Prince's Drive in was good. Roger's in Dickinson back then. Probably long, long gone.

Top Bottom