• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The SOB (Super Owl Burger) at Owl Drug in Coleman. Old fashioned counter with the green machines for making shakes and malts, double-washed fries and fried pickles, and great service, on top of great burgers. This place takes me back 50 years.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The SOB (Super Owl Burger) at Owl Drug in Coleman. Old fashioned counter with the green machines for making shakes and malts, double-washed fries and fried pickles, and great service, on top of great burgers. This place takes me back 50 years.

If you're Swabian why do you speak Czech?

Aus_Schwaben

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    If you're Swabian why do you speak Czech?
    I speak Czech courtesy of Uncle Sam by way of a year in Presidio of Monterey, CA, which by the way, is as different from NTC as you can get in the same state. Reinforced by another year there and two six week refresher stints in Munich. Can you say TDY to Munich during the Oktoberfest?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I speak Czech courtesy of Uncle Sam by way of a year in Presidio of Monterey, CA, which by the way, is as different from NTC as you can get in the same state. Reinforced by another year there and two six week refresher stints in Munich. Can you say TDY to Munich during the Oktoberfest?

Czech Republic or Slovakia? I spent six months in the latter as a part of a MLT back in the early 90s...

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Beefmaster Steakhouse in Ballinger has the best (non-Wagyu) burgers I've ever had in Texas. I found it on my way to Wyoming this past March.

Aus_Schwaben

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Beefmaster Steakhouse in Ballinger has the best (non-Wagyu) burgers I've ever had in Texas. I found it on my way to Wyoming this past March.
    Before the Covid, Beefmasters had the best deal on a buffet - $10.95 all you could eat steak, chicken, and a vegetable bar that was only surpassed by Zookinis. And always great service. I think they opened a location in Weatherford too.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Chain burger joints suck. When I call in my order at my favorite mom & pop burger place I sometime change it up just to throw them off a little.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    And you can do your laundry at the same time.
    There used to be a little old lady who hung out near the McDonalds near the old Hilton. She would tell people that the paper racks were dangerous. She was a little strange, but she had the msm figured out. This was 30 years ago.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Second time to go to Bellaire Broiler Burger to find it closed.

From Community Impact Magazine:

Though no reopening date has been confirmed, Bellaire Broiler Burger at 5216 Bellaire Blvd., Bellaire, remains temporarily closed to make way for a new management team, according to a June 21 Facebook post from the restaurant and a phone voicemail greeting left by ownership.

“We had a main person at our establishment that had been there 20-plus years pass away,” the Facebook post reads. “With this being said, we have new people we are training and new people in charge because of the sudden passing of the head manager. Please be patient with us in this transition!”

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm saddened to hear this!
    I knew one of the ladies of the family had battled cancer in the past. Seemed like a true family place brother & 2 sisters. I had notice one of their kids working it in the past.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I tend to think of hamburger restaurants in three categories:
    1. Fast food (Whataburger, Burger King, etc. - the big chains)
    2. Expensive burgers ("gourmet", Twisted Root, Fudds, etc.)
    3. Hole in the wall burger joints (not chains, not super expensive)
    And when I eat in a given category, I set my expectations accordingly.

For quick, I prefer Whatabuger. Solid. Consistent.

Hole in the walls are great, but most often I am not near one when grabbing a burger.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

For quick, I prefer Whatabuger. Solid. Consistent.

Hole in the walls are great, but most often I am not near one when grabbing a burger.

This is pretty close to my criteria as well.

For fast food burgers, Whataburger and Sonic are hard to beat. Consistency is pretty good. Not the best burgers, but decent and regardless of which one you eat at, or where, you pretty much know what to expect.

In Palestine, at the truck stop, they have a Denny's, a convenience store and a deli. You can get a hand made burger at the deli, which is hand made, ( I have watched them actually hand press the patty on the griddle.) with fries and a drink for $5.99, or $6.99 for a cheeseburger, fries and a drink. And these are decent sized burgers and pretty danged good.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas

For quick, I prefer Whatabuger.

Yes, but don't ask them which mafia family owns them now that somebody in Chicago owns them. LOL!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    There's always a language police on the site.... "Best" is subjective ... after 150 miles on a crappy West Texas back road, Whataburger double loaded, is damn good... and explains why they have lasted 80 years in Texas.
    Hey there! We don't have no crappy roads out here. They might be a little bit too straight, but...........

Top Bottom