• deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Off Topic Warning
    Decades ago my favorite pizza joint closed for that reason. It was very successful, doing far more business than the landlord had anticipated. When it came time for lease renewal, the landlord demanded to audit their books. He was going to bleed them of every dime he could by making their rent a (high) percentage of their gross income. I knew the owners of three of the businesses in that strip center; he made the same demand of every tenant.

It backfired on him. Every business closed their doors when their lease expired.

My favorite Chinese place did the same thing in late 2020. I miss that food a ton, and haven't found a suitable replacement.
    Texas SOT

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Restaurants are one of the hardest business' to make money at as well. I think the national average for a restaurant failing, is about 70% will fail within the first year of business.

That's even with good food, good service and good prices. Unless the restaurant owns the property or the facilities, rent can be huge part of the overhead costs of doing business. Then factor in everything else, labor, food costs, and utilities, and the overhead is huge.

Even most successful restaurants operate at a very low profit margin to begin with. This I would suspect why many haven't or didn't survive last year with being shut down or operating at lower levels of operation because of the Covid 19 pandemic.

cswpsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    South of Houston
    Ball&Chain and I went over to try Killen's Burger's in Pearland.
    Burger was pretty good but not the best I've had.
    There's a multitude of combinations so a guy would have to eat there every day for a month to try them all.
    The wife and I tried Killen's Burgers shortly after they opened a few years back. We were unimpressed... Good, but nothing special. Their Steak and BBQ places are much better.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Jucys gets my vote
    46BA1A80-FBA5-4A01-B2E1-A65B242B21C0.jpeg

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I think one of the best burgers I've ever had was at The Windmill Grill in St Jo. I hope they made it. The ladies ground their meat every day.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Jucy's expanded into tacos recently and Palestine got a Jucy's Taco about a year and half ago. Wife and I ate there once. It was decent, but nothing to brag about. Was very similar in taste and price to a Taco Bell IMO.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    There is a small burger place under 610 in Houston that sells bison burgers and bison steaks, went there about 20 year's ago. Past by a couple weeks ago and it's still there.

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack. I haven't eaten there in at least 10 years. The bison burger was gamey; hopefully that has changed.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Big Z’s was good.
    My wife would by the portobello on a bun.
    It was acceptable for a veggie sandwich.
    Is Chris Madrid’s still a thing?
    I haven't been to Chris Madrids for a few years. It was pretty good...they were basically working out of a food truck and you ate in tents. It was fine...burgers were very good.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Looks like a new burger place being built in New Braunfels @ I35 and 46/337.
    I believe its called P. Terry’s.

I went by this PTerry's location yesterday around lunch. I ordered the house-made veggie burger with fries and a lemonade. Burger and fries were excellent! The lemonade was a cup totally filled with crushed ice so not much drink in it.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I went by this PTerry's location yesterday around lunch. I ordered the house-made veggie burger with fries and a lemonade. Burger and fries were excellent! The lemonade was a cup totally filled with crushed ice so not much drink in it.
    Veggie burger?.....

13aa69ab306699c5e9e7318cd91ccc7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom