• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Whatever one you just chowed down on when you were real hungry.

Kind of true. When we were living in Alaska my Dad and his friend took my 2 brothers and I hunting way out in now where at 30 below, for Caribou. When we finally came back to the truck we all huddled in the back of a pickup with a topper on it, while cooking instant potato soup on a Coleman stove. Best stuff I ever ate (at the time anyway).

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Joy love burgers/jlb eatery in fulshear fm1093 and fm1463
    Before we moved out of Houston JLB opened near us. After trying a burger I thought I would try their catfish. I asked if it was domestic catfish, which its not. Same thing with their shrimp being imported. The imported crap was enough for me to never go back!

Some will say that this is about burgers, but skimping on other foodstuffs could related to their burgers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    About the best way to get a great or good burger is one that the restaurant is hand forming the patties, and those who are grinding and mixing their own ground beef for the patties. Hand forming you own patties, allows you to season the meat from the inside out, rather than just some on the outside of the patties.

Quality of the meat is a key factor. The meat and the bun are the foundation for a good burger. Anything else added to the burger, should compliment the burger.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Ah, that would tell me that they didn't make it by Bob's Burger Barn in Pipe Creek.
    GREAT burgers, friendly service, Texana atmosphere. They make a great burger and we have never left hungry. The wings are darn good, too. Onion rings, top notch.
    Well, dang it! It appears that Bob's has been sold and is planning to be a retail store, not a food place.
    Color me and dear wife sad.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    About the best way to get a great or good burger is one that the restaurant is hand forming the patties, and those who are grinding and mixing their own ground beef for the patties. Hand forming you own patties, allows you to season the meat from the inside out, rather than just some on the outside of the patties.

Quality of the meat is a key factor. The meat and the bun are the foundation for a good burger. Anything else added to the burger, should compliment the burger.
    Yesterday after the DPS we at at a cafe in Centerville. They had a special all you can eat Hamburger steak on the menu, so thats what I got. the wife went with the Deluxe burger. The hamburger steak wasn't very good. The inside had a reddish pink color not from being under cooked, more like they used a curing salt to season the meat. The wife ate about half her burger & half her fries saying neither were any good.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    baboon,

How the hell do those 'less than mediocre places' stay in bidness?

Enough one time and one time only eaters?

Though, I appreciate some have zero food discrimination.

A buddy I know, no matter where we ate even if the food was crappy, would praise it, but maybe because his wife couldn't boil water...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    baboon,

A buddy I know, no matter where we ate even if the food was crappy, would praise it, but maybe because his wife couldn't boil water...
    I have come to the conclusion that many people have nonfunctional tastebuds.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

We ate around noon time & the place was filling up. Lots of badges came in. Could have a lot to do with how close it was to the courts.

How can 90% of the fast food franchises stay open? Price & convenience. Corporations spend huge money engineering cheap food. It never ceased to amaze me the people buying groceries bitching about the price of meat yet had 3 huge bags of potato chips in their basket. What's the biggest bag of Ruffle $4.99 and it might have 2 potatoes in it.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Now that I am on the "manage your type 2 diabetes through diet with no meds" plan, the meat and some veggies is all I can have anymore. Been meaning to try the burger wrapped in lettuce thing at MOOYAH burgers.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    l1,

Avoid MOOYAH's at all costs.

I ate there once in Clear Lake.

Their burgers are the absolute worst I've ever had the misfortune to wrap my lips around...just plain awful and I'm not a picky eater.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Our GTG have met there and have had no complaints, even though I haven't eaten there yet. Guess I will just stay home and stick to my homemade chopped steak with onions and mushrooms and brown gravy with spinach or collard greens. Also chicken breast with broccoli.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    baboon,

I have to wonder about some people's taste!

We have a Mexican restaurant in Palestine, that many people just rave or brag about how good their food is. The isn't by any mean inedible, but over the years that I have had to eat there, the food reminds me of an El Patio Mexican frozen dinner! But the place has been in for over fifty years, and every Friday and Saturday night, people are lined up outside to get in.

Sad thing is, there are several other places that serve authentic Tex-Mex that are tend times better.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You talk about people with no tastes, ever notice they don’t cook either! They will eat cereal all week because they can’t **** it up.

Where I on the other hand started thinking my out building might be good for making attic cured hams & salamis

Top Bottom