• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went to try Stomp’s in Pearland yesterday.
    It was slam full of people.
    So we went somewhere else. Didn’t feel up to waiting in line.
    Must be decent food to pull a crowd like that.
    We will try another time when its not so crowded.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    l1,

Avoid MOOYAH's at all costs.

I ate there once in Clear Lake.

Their burgers are the absolute worst I've ever had the misfortune to wrap my lips around...just plain awful and I'm not a picky eater.

08db6f5626f1e597e7bdc3690ac86583.jpg

Had to be a bad location. Mooyah is one of the best chain burgers available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Mike,

Glad to hear it.

It's the only one I'd ever tried.

When I say I'm not picky about food, (though I like to think I have a discriminating palate, truth be told though, I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first...) I liked the food in the cafeteria in High School and College and...drum roll please: The Army!

I am not a picky eater.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The average supermarket quality hamburger is ground trash. The stuff sold to restaurants is not as good as the market stuff.
    Hamburger can be made out of any cut of beef, but the other cuts are usually better un-ground. Fajita meat(skirt steak) is so low quality that it was often given away as dog food in my mothers day. Even if well seasoned and prepared it can be chewy or tough.

Hamburgers are meat a bun and any combination of other items used to give the meat some flavor. But they are convenient quick and the kids will eat them.
    A better subject might be why the New York Strip is the best cut of steak ever.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We buy hamburger at a local butcher shop sometimes, but they grind it too fine.

I prefer the grind texture of HEB's...I'm not a hamburger snob...and it's hardly 'trash'.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I will have to watch and make it down there. Don't normally get near downtown except for some concerts (ACL) and things (ZACH Theater) and breakfast tacos.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Big Daddys at the marina on lake grapevine is a good spot. When I was up in the metro it was a good Friday lunch spot. Being able to get out of work and sit on the lake, eat some good food and toss fries to the birds and fish was always a nice deal.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When you make burgers at home, you don't want to over-work the ground meat. Also don't go too lean on the ground beef either. Fat serves two purposes for hamburgers, it helps hold the meat together, and it adds flavor to the meat.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Mike,

Glad to hear it.

It's the only one I'd ever tried.

When I say I'm not picky about food, (though I like to think I have a discriminating palate, truth be told though, I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first...) I liked the food in the cafeteria in High School and College and...drum roll please: The Army!

I am not a picky eater.
    When you make burgers at home, you don't want to over-work the ground meat. Also don't go too lean on the ground beef either. Fat serves two purposes for hamburgers, it helps hold the meat together, and it adds flavor to the meat.
    Actually it’s the proteins that hold it together. Big deli hams & turkey breast are made by tumbling the muscle together.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had a burger at a sorta new (to me) place. If you are in the N Dallas area, try out Del's Burgers in Richardson. Do yourself a favor and get the hickory sauce on it. Fantastic burger. Shakes are good too.

Its near old downtown Richardson, near Belt Line and Greenville. Don't recall the actual street, but, Google.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yep. Never try to make burgers with lean ground beef.

We tried to with some very lean ground beef from a young bull my brother had butchered, We had to add some fatty store bought beef to get it to hold together!

Used some to make taco meat one night. Cooked it, seasoned it, and went to drain the grease off like I usually do, and there was barely even a spoonful of grease after ti was cooked.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    We tried to with some very lean ground beef from a young bull my brother had butchered, We had to add some fatty store bought beef to get it to hold together!

Used some to make taco meat one night. Cooked it, seasoned it, and went to drain the grease off like I usually do, and there was barely even a spoonful of grease after ti was cooked.

What kind of bull?

Top Bottom