• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    Alright skinny people what IWB appendix holsters are you using.I use a minotaur but prefer to carry up front, I can draw from there much faster.Sooo what do y'all use.
    Thanks in advance
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I use Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holsters, but find they work better with larger frame semi-autos than they do with smaller pistols...

Still, I don't find carrying at the 1 or 2 o'clock position comfortable, especially when sitting. While it may provide a small advantage towards quicker draws, the amount of discomfort involved doesn't make it worthwhile for me...

Good luck with your search!

Cheers! M2

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    Alright skinny people what IWB appendix holsters are you using.I use a minotaur but prefer to carry up front, I can draw from there much faster.Sooo what do y'all use.
    Thanks in advance

Check out www.wrbusa.com in Gun Barrel City TX. I have bought a number of holsters from them and I wouldn't have any other.....WRB is best of the best IMHO.:patriot:

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    + 2 Dale Fricke Seraphim (for RDS) or Ehud. Kydex is the way to go unless you need DEEP concealment.

Anyone who carries anywhere other than appendix or crossdraw might wish to do some force-on-force training to see how their choice holds up in a dynamic gunfight and knife assault.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Anyone who carries anywhere other than appendix or crossdraw might wish to do some force-on-force training to see how their choice holds up in a dynamic gunfight and knife assault.

+100000

I carry at 3 o'clock, which works well for me. I hate anything farther back then 3 o'clock though. Crossdraw I am not a fan of. I'd love to carry appendix, though my gut still doesn't agree with me. The biggest thing I've found is when I've really seen and realized the question, "How is your gear going to hold up in a fight?" I've had a ton of different holsters, and some of them although comfortable (MTAC), are such an elaborate design that there are plenty of easily breakable components that can fail so easily in a scuffle. The only thing I have been able to come to a rock solid conclusion on with carry is, you want a durable holster, and the attachment method pretty much has to be either the leather or rubberized snap on loops, or else feed through leather loops. All these intricate kydex clip designs, j-hooks, c-hooks, etc......you get one really good gun grab attempt and someone pulling 90 degrees any direction and that stuff will all break right off. Go with the one way pull-the-dot style leather or rubberized loops on whichever holster you decide, and save yourself a lot of trouble.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo

Really? I've found the easiest carry method for me to defeat in close is cross draw. All you have to do is pin their arm as it crosses their body. During re-cert time, I love partnering up with the guys that carry their ASP crossdraw. They never get it out if I'm within 6 feet or so.

I'll agree that appendix carry is better (but not by a wide margin), when your adversary is in close. With crossdraw or appendix carry, you must create space, or you really risk getting your draw arm pinned to your body. This wasn't a problem until about 10 years ago when everybody decided they wanted to be a MMA fighter... the first thing they do is close the gap. I blade my body instinctively or off-line to a threat, but backing up and starting a fight on your heels because you must create space is not good tactics, IMHO.

Carry on or behind the strong side hip gives you the best chance of getting your gun out as the gap is closed between you and the person you need to stop closing that gap. If you're a scrawny shooter like me, you can also get to this carry position relatively easy with your non-dominant hand without crossing that arm in front.

Don't get me wrong, cross draw has its place. Our protective service guys roll this way when they are going to be in the car for hours. Appendix carry is very comfortable and discreet, and I carry this way in permissive environments quite often. Every time I fly armed, it's either with the j-frame in the front pocket or the G19 on the appendix in a MIC holster. However, neither of these would ever be my first choice if I'm expecting a fight.

Just one man's opinion!
    -Randy

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    +100000

I carry at 3 o'clock, which works well for me. I hate anything farther back then 3 o'clock though. Crossdraw I am not a fan of. I'd love to carry appendix, though my gut still doesn't agree with me. The biggest thing I've found is when I've really seen and realized the question, "How is your gear going to hold up in a fight?" I've had a ton of different holsters, and some of them although comfortable (MTAC), are such an elaborate design that there are plenty of easily breakable components that can fail so easily in a scuffle. The only thing I have been able to come to a rock solid conclusion on with carry is, you want a durable holster, and the attachment method pretty much has to be either the leather or rubberized snap on loops, or else feed through leather loops. All these intricate kydex clip designs, j-hooks, c-hooks, etc......you get one really good gun grab attempt and someone pulling 90 degrees any direction and that stuff will all break right off. Go with the one way pull-the-dot style leather or rubberized loops on whichever holster you decide, and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Excellent advice.

Top Bottom