DK Firearms

Best Pistol Training in the Dallas Area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martowski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2015
    North Dallas Area
    Hi All,

I've been shooting handguns for 25 years and have gotten pretty decent as a paper puncher on the range. However, I'd like to know if any of you have taken any defensive pistol classes in the area and who you would recommend? I'm not looking for the CHL class; I have my CHL. I'm looking for a class that teaches defensive pistol shooting and techniques.

I've looked up info online and see quite a few places that offer training but would like some first-hand recommendations. Thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    In April 29 & 30 2017 Bob Mayne and Ben Branam are holding a 2-day class on defensive pistol use (Beyond Conceal Carry) at Quail Creek in Argyle. I have taken four classes with them and plan on being there in April.

For more information, go to handgunworld.com or modernselfprotection.com. Both also host their own podcasts, which you will find very informative and entertaining.

If you want something sooner, try proActive Defense at Quail Creek. proactivedefense.net

Last edited:

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    I took the one with greeneyetactical.com, the instructor Eric was very knowledgeble and helped me out a lot, I have been a bit rusty and plan to go back for either the spring or fall course of tactical pistol fundamentals. The class size was small and he adjusted it based on people's skill level.

njrefugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    VX Marksmanship up in Denton is very good. I took several days of carbine with them and really learned a lot. The instructors are all combat veterans and the head guy is a former Marine Force Recon sniper. They have a lot of videos on their website and youtube so you can get a sense of what they teach. http://vxmarksmanship.com/

The guys at Hardwired Tactical are great as well. http://www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com/ They use the Dallas Pistol Club space so it is pretty convenient to anybody who lives near DFW airport. They are top-notch shooters and excellent instructors with a lot of LEO and overseas experience. I thought their 2 day defensive pistol class was well worth the price.

Either one would be a great place to spend some money and time. I'd say speak to them and see if one fits your needs/goals better.

Top Bottom