• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Does anyone know any local gun shops that have a USPc 9 in stock (preferably stainless)?

If not, where am I likely to get the best deal on ordering one?

Thanks!
    Guns International

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Have you called Sportsman's Warehouse in Round Rock?

No, but ironically I was going to go by there on Sunday but we had other things to do. They're one of the closer shops to me so maybe I'll swing by on the way home from work. Their web site did not list HK as a brand they carry: Benelli, Beretta, Browning, Weatherby, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Sig Arms, Glock, Kimber

Is it "normal" to call gun shops and ask if they have XYZ gun? Sorry, first gun purchase here.

Finally, how do their prices compare?

Thanks for the rec!

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    I don't see a problem calling a store and asking if a they have a certain gun in stock.

As far as pricing at Sportsman's Warehouse, they seem to have really good prices on XD's. MSRP is around $515 and they had them for $480 I believe. I can't say if they have the same deals on all their guns but swing by and check them out and then check out prices online.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I actually emailed them and they said they didn't have any right now. I was pleased with how quickly they responded though.

A lot of people give them grief because they are sometimes a little overpriced. Joe runs a tight ship there though, and he will fix people's problems. They are an authorized repair center for many brands and they will get it where it needs to go if they can't deal with it. I've been shopping there for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

They also have a reloading area and the guy who runs it is a wealth of knowledge, he has given me a novel's worth of helpful information.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    A lot of people give them grief because they are sometimes a little overpriced. Joe runs a tight ship there though, and he will fix people's problems. They are an authorized repair center for many brands and they will get it where it needs to go if they can't deal with it. I've been shopping there for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

They also have a reloading area and the guy who runs it is a wealth of knowledge, he has given me a novel's worth of helpful information.

Cool! I'll definitely check them out. My friend recommended them at lunch today, that's where he's bought all of his guns, and he's lived here since the 80s.

Per another person's recommendation, I checked out Cost Plus 10 Guns since I was a block away from there this afternoon. He told me it was a shack, but wow, he wasn't kidding. I parked in a field and walked towards the door where there was a trash can blocking the door that said, "CLOSED ON MONDAY". Of course it's Tuesday so I don't know what to think about that. My friend disclaimed that it looks shady but the guy is real nice and honest. Definitely the most uninviting place I've ever seen, I felt like I was a cast member in "No Country for Old Men". I may give him another shot, but it doesn't appear he keeps regular hours.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool! I'll definitely check them out. My friend recommended them at lunch today, that's where he's bought all of his guns, and he's lived here since the 80s.

Per another person's recommendation, I checked out Cost Plus 10 Guns since I was a block away from there this afternoon. He told me it was a shack, but wow, he wasn't kidding. I parked in a field and walked towards the door where there was a trash can blocking the door that said, "CLOSED ON MONDAY". Of course it's Tuesday so I don't know what to think about that. My friend disclaimed that it looks shady but the guy is real nice and honest. Definitely the most uninviting place I've ever seen, I felt like I was a cast member in "No Country for Old Men". I may give him another shot, but it doesn't appear he keeps regular hours.

He's closing up shop on the 3rd of next month. Just FYI.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Hi Brian! Good to see you here man. This is Travis from Nismo BTW.

LOL, I was so surprised to get Alan's IM. I called Carlos yesterday to say what's up. Sundays are no longer good days for us due to Volleyball games. We'll need to try and hookup on Saturdays (or other evenings).

How are things with you?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I took a look at a Taurus PT111 Pro this evening at TexGuns and it feels very similar to the USP Compact. They had one in 9mm with essentially the same features, and it had the silver top w/ black frame that you were looking for as well. From what people have told me the Taurus guns run pretty well and are a good, cost-effective maker.

They had the gun in stock for $399, and you can call them and place a 3-day hold on it with your name. I've bought guns from them before, and they've handled my CDNN purchase. They are a good group of guys.

Tex Guns
    5330 D Manchaca (Next to the Bakehouse Restaurant over by Crockett HS)
    Austin, TX 78745

Their number is 443-6106

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I took a look at a Taurus PT111 Pro this evening at TexGuns and it feels very similar to the USP Compact. They had one in 9mm with essentially the same features, and it had the silver top w/ black frame that you were looking for as well. From what people have told me the Taurus guns run pretty well and are a good, cost-effective maker.

They had the gun in stock for $399, and you can call them and place a 3-day hold on it with your name. I've bought guns from them before, and they've handled my CDNN purchase. They are a good group of guys.

Tex Guns
    5330 D Manchaca (Next to the Bakehouse Restaurant over by Crockett HS)
    Austin, TX 78745

Their number is 443-6106

Thanks Alan, but we'd have to shoot it first. I haven't heard the best of things about Taurus guns. I found a place in Dallas that has the USPc 9mm for $705 and I plan on being up there for business in the next couple weeks. If I can't find it locally, I'll probably just wait for that.

I take it they didn't have the HK there? If you're out and about and see one, gimme a holler.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just curious but, are you dead set on a USPc 9mm? If not, but you just want something similar (double stack, relatively compact 9mm), I'd highly recommend considering a Walther P99. You can actually find them a bit cheaper than USPc's most of the time. They are more ergonomic and feel better IMO. Anyways, just a thought.

If you're still living up in Pflugerville, you should go to Red's Pflugerville location:

http://www.redsguns.com/

I've only been to their south location but, from what I've heard there north location is just as good. They should have a pretty wide variety of stuff to rent there, if you aren't 100% sure of what you want.

U235

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Just curious but, are you dead set on a USPc 9mm? If not, but you just want something similar (double stack, relatively compact 9mm), I'd highly recommend considering a Walther P99. You can actually find them a bit cheaper than USPc's most of the time. They are more ergonomic and feel better IMO. Anyways, just a thought.

If you're still living up in Pflugerville, you should go to Red's Pflugerville location:

http://www.redsguns.com/

I've only been to their south location but, from what I've heard there north location is just as good. They should have a pretty wide variety of stuff to rent there, if you aren't 100% sure of what you want.

This is really Amy's gun and she's dead set on this one. I think a lot of that has to do with her brother having the .40SW version of it. Any recommendation at this point invites opportunity down the road for her to complain. Ultimately, I will get a gun of my choice which will probably be a full size .45ACP, but I need to shoot a lot more guns before I decide which route I'm going. She also has tiny hands and a relatively weak grip so ergonamics are key and she feels most comfortable with the USPc. I also have small hands but not compared to her. She almost couldn't handle a Glock G19 or at least handle it comfortably. If she's happy, I'm happy and she's sort of made up her mind.

We have been to Reds, I've rented 3 guns up there. They have a nice selection and their prices aren't too shabby, but they don't have a 9x19 USPc.

Thanks for the recommendation though. I plan on exhausting a lot more options before making my choice. I'm also happy with the USPc 9 and I could live with as our only 9 and only compact gun.

Top Bottom