• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Houston
    So, I'm looking to sell my collection (of 2, lol) comprised of my Beretta 9 and my Sig Sauer p220.

I've decided to go to the pawn store route, but I'm hesitant about the transaction, namely not getting screwed on the sale.

Do you guys have any recommendations for pawn shops or gun stores that will give a fair price...also, where could I go to see what "market price" would be for my guns so that I know if they're in the neighborhood (akin to edmunds or kbb for used cars)?

Thx.
    Guns International

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why not post 'em up for sale on the board here? As to value, look at recent sales on GunBroker.com - look at those that SOLD, not those with stupid opening bids!

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Go to any pawn shop. Let them give you a price. Do not sell, bring them home and list them here for $75 more. I believe they will sell very fast.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you sell to a retailer or re-seller, like a pawn shop or gun store remember, they will need to mark it up from the amount they paid you so they can make a decent profit. Since few will pay a percentage over full value for a gun, a reseller will have to pay you a percentage less than actual value. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are aware

An individual who is not interested in re-selling will be willing to pay closer to value. Often that takes longer to find.

Your course of action really depends on how quickly you need to move them and how badly you need cash

Good luck

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Like others have said an individual will pay more most of the time. I know a few guys that are in the market for 9mm's on my side of town, let me know what you want for them I can probably get them sold pretty quick.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Another vote for classified ad sale. Post them up on here and Houston Gun forum and you'll be able to do a lot better than a pawn shop or even gun store consignment.

owwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Houston
    Like others have said an individual will pay more most of the time. I know a few guys that are in the market for 9mm's on my side of town, let me know what you want for them I can probably get them sold pretty quick.

PM sent, thanks.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Great idea to sell them here, I've had outstanding results in that regard.

Do not take it to Collectors to sell. Saw them offer a guy $300 for a scoped Browning BAR with case, and 3 boxes of Fusion ammo. If he hand not mentioned that his boss offered him more, I would have. Good news is he did not get ripped off by them that day.

Wyo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2015
    Other than the forum here are there any other good online listing locations for gun sales in Houston? I mine up on a couple of facebook groups and listed it on Houston texas gun trader site as well. Once I hit the forum minimum I'll list it on the classifieds here as well. But I'd like to get as much exposure as possible (not in a hurry to sell, but I would like to sell it)

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I think you're on the right track by placing them on as many forums and FB groups as you can. You'll never know which spot will catch the right set of eyeballs.

On Facebook there is a ".22's of Houston" page (22's only though), and a different one called "Houston Area Gun Auctions" that works in an auction-style format.

Good luck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom