• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    If you are talking about buying ammo at local guns shows: Have you actually been to any and seen the price of ammo? It is usually quite outrageous unless you find someone by luck who is selling at a reasonable and small mark-up.
    No, I've never been to a gunshow in over a half century of being obsessed with guns. >pause for effect<

Usually there's a couple guys at any big show who are honest ammo dealers. Problem is that there's guys lined up at the door a half hour or more before opening. They have hand trucks or wheeled shopping bins. The second they get in they make a beeline for those ammo tables and buy as much as they'll give them. Usually that means several cases of the most popular calibers. Some are competitive shooters. Some resell it at a markup. Some are doing group buys for their buddies. Early bird gets the worm. If you're not there at opening time, no ammo for you (at decent prices, anyway).

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    No, I've never been to a gunshow in over a half century of being obsessed with guns. >pause for effect<

Usually there's a couple guys at any big show who are honest ammo dealers. Problem is that there's guys lined up at the door a half hour or more before opening. They have hand trucks or wheeled shopping bins. The second they get in they make a beeline for those ammo tables and buy as much as they'll give them. Usually that means several cases of the most popular calibers. Some are competitive shooters. Some resell it at a markup. Some are doing group buys for their buddies. Early bird gets the worm. If you're not there at opening time, no ammo for you (at decent prices, anyway).
    I have never seen a rush on ammo tables at a gun show. I go to them quite often and sometimes have sold at them. Ammo prices are almost always super high at any gun show and at any dealer's table with one exception of which I am very personally aware.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Wow and I thought I'd find a clue of where to get local ammo.
    Little moderation people. The boat we're in is sinking we need to work
    together.

This is a sign of the end of the pandemic, I figured anger and resentment would be the order of the day once American realized the pandemic wasn't the issue.

Academy had .45 ACP, I'm going to try Bass Pro today in Round Rock.

captainkirkw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2023
    Austin Tx
    I thought I took a picture but if I recall correctly, I think the 1000 round 9mm worked out to about 33 cents each each. I don't remember what the 223 was going for though. I'd say give them a call to be sure.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    Range USA in Pflugerville (maybe that's Round Rock? intersection of 35 and 45) usually has a wide variety of calibers/grains/manufacturers in stock if you're desperate and would rather overpay than wait. They have some BS policy about scanning your ID into their computer for any sale though (ANY sale, not just firearms which obviously need a 4473 or range rentals, you buy any little accessory and they want to record your ID electronically) so if you care about that sort of thing head elsewhere.

Top Bottom