• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I usually order online, but sometimes I have an immediate need and I'd like to a go-to place to hit up after work or on the weekend.

Academy seems to be okay, but their .45 ACP shelf has sometimes been empty. Field and Stream is close by too, but I haven't stepped inside yet. I'm just looking for a place to pickup decently priced range ammo.
    Military Camp

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    completely overpriced compared to online but Bass Pro Shop up in Round Rock usually has a decent selection in stock. Depends how desperate you are to have something now rather than wait for shipping.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    completely overpriced compared to online but Bass Pro Shop up in Round Rock usually has a decent selection in stock. Depends how desperate you are to have something now rather than wait for shipping.
    I'll check them out! I love Bass Pro, I end up buying other stuff when I'm there.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    With UPS "losing" shipments, I have curtailed my online purchases for now. If I need something in small quantities, buying locally makes more sense. I have it now, I don't have to pay shipping or deal with it if a shipment is lost and the cost works out with there being no shipping costs. Bigger bulk shipments are another story. That being said, Academy is still more reasonable than the local gun shops but I am not in Austin.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, since I read earlier that @Vaquero mentioned his reloaders are lonely, his place. Watch out though, he can get grouchy, and probably especially if your stealing his ammo.

As far as stores, I buy online when buying in bulk.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ammunition to go use to be worth a road trip, especial when they opened guns to go.
    I'll stick with sgammo.com, beside my latest UPS driver is a cute chick. Only had one amazon order dropped down the street last year.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I was also going to suggest GTs............

they have lots.

Back in the day (4-5 years ago) I bought a whole shitload of Lawman for 12.99 a box........lol..........you won't find that anymore

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You won't be able to try it on with your pistol, that's for sure. If they even allow you to try the holster on.
    I brought a handgun into a gunshow to look for a holster for it. You have to bring it in with a case, and they use a zip tie to make it where it won't cycle (just like the guns a the booths). Couple people thought I brought it in to sell.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I usually order online, but sometimes I have an immediate need and I'd like to a go-to place to hit up after work or on the weekend.

Academy seems to be okay, but their .45 ACP shelf has sometimes been empty. Field and Stream is close by too, but I haven't stepped inside yet. I'm just looking for a place to pickup decently priced range ammo.
    I avoid Field & Stream like the plague, I believe they are part of the Dick's chain.

Top Bottom