Texas SOT

Best place to mount a light pressure switch on shotgun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    For my Mossberg 500, I have a side saddle light mount for a mini-maglite. Now I have acquired a pressure switch designed to control the light with simple finger pressure. The switch is on a coiled line to the mag-lite, and is attached to the shotgun by means of a velcro fastener with sticky glue on the back.

My question: where is the best place on the shotgun to mount the pressure switch? I am right handed. Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I have almost the same setup. Here's what I did, held it in a natural shooting position and put the sticky part of the velcro right where my left thumb goes. The sticky part sucked and wouldnt stay on so I had to supplement it with something a little more reliable...a smidge of gorilla glue. Works like a charm and feels natural to activate the light

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'd love to see pics if and when you get it done.

I've got a Knoxx SPecOps stock and Knoxx forend on the way and I'd like to add to the tacticool with a light or a mount for my Surefire. I'd rather have a light just for it, but not spend $300 for the integrated Surefire although it's cool.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    I have almost the same setup. Here's what I did, held it in a natural shooting position and put the sticky part of the velcro right where my left thumb goes. The sticky part sucked and wouldnt stay on so I had to supplement it with something a little more reliable...a smidge of gorilla glue. Works like a charm and feels natural to activate the light

Same here. Velcro let go. Double sided foam tape let go. Gorilla glue is still holding strong.

Under the left thumb works the best for me also.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I put an inexpensive Ebay light on it, came with everything to mount it too for right around $50 I think. Works great as it puts out light :)

DSC01390.gif

DSC01391.gif

DSC01392.gif

DSC01394.gif

Top Bottom