Best places to eat in DFW, and then best place to spend a night in DFW.

Street Wolf

Aug 15, 2011
Wichita Falls
Just curious for some information from those who know the area better than I do. Where are some of the best places to eat in the DFW area, on top of that where would be the best place in the area to stay?

Also as a bonus, anyone have any "must see" or must do suggestions? Car stuff, gun stuff, general cool unique stuff?

All of DFW is fair game.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
Mar 21, 2012
NTX
Where are you looking to stay (DFW is a huge metroplex)?

How touristy are you? Stockyards in Fort Worth always seems to attract crowds. Not much car stuff, gun shows almost every other weekend, and there's not much tourist stuff to do here.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
All of DFW is fair game.
...DFW is a huge metroplex...
In my experience, if all of DFW is fair game then you're setting yourself up to spend more than half your time there driving on freeways without landmarks and spending most of that time lost.

A.Texas.Yankee speaks truth. "DFW" is huge.

Narrow down your interests and the area, even if you do so completely at random, and your research on where to stay and what to see and do will be much, much more productive.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
Lots of things to do in Ft. Worth.

The downtown area is really building up and has a great nightlife.
Great food, great bars and clubs and nice hotels and as mentioned the Stockyards is always a happening place.

This weekend and next there are big gun shows at Will Rogers.
The 28-29 is the "original" show and will have 1500 tables.
It's huge!

And in that same general area, there is the Kimball Art museum and the museum of Natural Science and History.
Both worth the price of admission

Texas Motorspeedway has tours and is interesting if you've never seen a superspeedway.

Addison has a nice aero-museum ... I think it's Addison.

There is a lot to do in Ft. Worth if you look around.

Professor

Apr 8, 2012
Garland
Yep, the air museum is at the Addison airport. And of course Six Flags, the Rangers and the Cowbows in Arlington. Best breakfast I've found is at Crossroads Diner on Walnut Hill just East of 75 (Central Expressway). Whataburger makes a very good hamburger, Lots of good bar-b-que places (Spring Creek, Dickeys, Sonny Bryant's, Hard 8, and many more), top of the line steak houses (Ruth's Chris, Del Frisco's and more), great ethnic food (Vietnamese, Indian, Tex-Mex, Ethiopian, Japanese, Thai...) In other words, just about anything you want. Narrow down what you are looking for and what part of the metroplex you will be staying in, and we can give some specific suggestions.

TheCytochromeC

Sep 12, 2013
DFW
Also, Professor wasn't lying about the Vietnamese food. There is a terrific selection of Vietnamese restaurants in Arlington. Pho is unarguably one of the most wholesome and refreshing meals you'll ever eat.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Pho is unarguably one of the most wholesome ... meals you'll ever eat.
As a diabetic, I have to disagree. And that's a shame, since I love pho. I also love Bánh mì and a thousand other things that are wonderful, generally healthy, and refreshing but, alas, come with more carbs than I should nonchalantly consume.

I used to do lunch at a Vietnamese butcher near work where I could pick up a whole roast duck for $5. Yum!

In my experience, Dallas isn't quite the unlimited feast of ethnic foods that Houston is but it's pretty darn good. OP just needs to tell us where he's gonna be. Or throw a dart at a map.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
You might want to narrow down what part of DFW you're visiting. It may not be worth the effort to get to some sights or restaurants that aren't in the same part of town. Highway department people on LSD design and build roads in that region - and they change them up from time to time just to make sure nobody gets used to them.

DFW is huge and so there is quite a bit to offer. Houston has far more quality restaurants, but DFW has a lot.

Top Bottom