ARJ Defense ad

Best places to eat in DFW, and then best place to spend a night in DFW.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Street Wolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Wichita Falls
    Just curious for some information from those who know the area better than I do. Where are some of the best places to eat in the DFW area, on top of that where would be the best place in the area to stay?

Also as a bonus, anyone have any "must see" or must do suggestions? Car stuff, gun stuff, general cool unique stuff?

All of DFW is fair game.
    Hurley's Gold

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Where are you looking to stay (DFW is a huge metroplex)?

How touristy are you? Stockyards in Fort Worth always seems to attract crowds. Not much car stuff, gun shows almost every other weekend, and there's not much tourist stuff to do here.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    All of DFW is fair game.

...DFW is a huge metroplex...
    In my experience, if all of DFW is fair game then you're setting yourself up to spend more than half your time there driving on freeways without landmarks and spending most of that time lost.

A.Texas.Yankee speaks truth. "DFW" is huge.

Narrow down your interests and the area, even if you do so completely at random, and your research on where to stay and what to see and do will be much, much more productive.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Lots of things to do in Ft. Worth.

The downtown area is really building up and has a great nightlife.
    Great food, great bars and clubs and nice hotels and as mentioned the Stockyards is always a happening place.

This weekend and next there are big gun shows at Will Rogers.
    The 28-29 is the "original" show and will have 1500 tables.
    It's huge!

And in that same general area, there is the Kimball Art museum and the museum of Natural Science and History.
    Both worth the price of admission

Texas Motorspeedway has tours and is interesting if you've never seen a superspeedway.

Addison has a nice aero-museum ... I think it's Addison.

There is a lot to do in Ft. Worth if you look around.

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    Yep, the air museum is at the Addison airport. And of course Six Flags, the Rangers and the Cowbows in Arlington. Best breakfast I've found is at Crossroads Diner on Walnut Hill just East of 75 (Central Expressway). Whataburger makes a very good hamburger, Lots of good bar-b-que places (Spring Creek, Dickeys, Sonny Bryant's, Hard 8, and many more), top of the line steak houses (Ruth's Chris, Del Frisco's and more), great ethnic food (Vietnamese, Indian, Tex-Mex, Ethiopian, Japanese, Thai...) In other words, just about anything you want. Narrow down what you are looking for and what part of the metroplex you will be staying in, and we can give some specific suggestions.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Also, Professor wasn't lying about the Vietnamese food. There is a terrific selection of Vietnamese restaurants in Arlington. Pho is unarguably one of the most wholesome and refreshing meals you'll ever eat.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Pho is unarguably one of the most wholesome ... meals you'll ever eat.
    As a diabetic, I have to disagree. And that's a shame, since I love pho. I also love Bánh mì and a thousand other things that are wonderful, generally healthy, and refreshing but, alas, come with more carbs than I should nonchalantly consume.

I used to do lunch at a Vietnamese butcher near work where I could pick up a whole roast duck for $5. Yum!

In my experience, Dallas isn't quite the unlimited feast of ethnic foods that Houston is but it's pretty darn good. OP just needs to tell us where he's gonna be. Or throw a dart at a map.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    You might want to narrow down what part of DFW you're visiting. It may not be worth the effort to get to some sights or restaurants that aren't in the same part of town. Highway department people on LSD design and build roads in that region - and they change them up from time to time just to make sure nobody gets used to them.

DFW is huge and so there is quite a bit to offer. Houston has far more quality restaurants, but DFW has a lot.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Hands-down, bar-none, best Italian restaurant in the Metroplex is Don Camillos in Corinth. I found this little gem 10 years ago and have become a regular. If you are into aviation museums, you're coming to the right place, here are but a few: Denton Airport, Addison Airport, Lancaster Airport, Meacham in Ft. Worth are all good. Lancaster has two, one of which is the Cold War Air museum which has flying examples of MiG 21, MiG 23, Hind gunship, Hoplite utility helo etc.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Hands-down, bar-none, best Italian restaurant in the Metroplex is Don Camillos in Corinth

Well, I can't say or sure but, what I assume must be the second new italian restaurant in dfw is in Arlington, Piccolo Mondo about a mile from Jerry Jones Land as well.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Well, I can't say or sure but, what I assume must be the second new italian restaurant in dfw is in Arlington, Piccolo Mondo about a mile from Jerry Jones Land as well.
    CCC, I'll make you a Gentleman's wager, I'll endeavor to dine at Piccolo Mondo in the next month if you'll try Don Camillos then we can revisit this thread. Deal?

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Uh oh. I may just have to try that. I might... I just may. I'll see if I can coax my girlfriend into riding that far for a meal. Is there anything else we could do in that area while we're there? You know, so I can get two birds stoned at once?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Uh oh. I may just have to try that. I might... I just may. I'll see if I can coax my girlfriend into riding that far for a meal. Is there anything else we could do in that area while we're there? You know, so I can get two birds stoned at once?
    Depends on what you're into. Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville is just a few minutes away south on I35, a few minutes North and you're on the square in Denton with several bars and restaurants. There's a great 1/8th mile drag strip just north of Denton which is popular and busy with local racers too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom