Best places to shoot around Austin?

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 19, 2021
Austin
Texas doesn't have any public land, so it seems that Austinites have to go to a crowded range to shoot. Are there any places one can go to shoot alone without owning any land? Where are some good places to shoot around Austin?

ronr68

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aug 9, 2011
Austin
The closest outdoor range I know of is Eagle Peak in Leander. Nice range, lots of variety, decent pricing. Just follow their rules and be courteous. I read a lot of negative reviews before I went but I think it was because those people did not listen to the range officers. I have never had an issue there. BTW, no full metal jacket on the rifle range.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
The closest outdoor range I know of is Eagle Peak in Leander. Nice range, lots of variety, decent pricing. Just follow their rules and be courteous. I read a lot of negative reviews before I went but I think it was because those people did not listen to the range officers. I have never had an issue there. BTW, no full metal jacket on the rifle range.
Just don’t be surprised when some nra flair wearing range gestapo agent comes and wants to inspect the rounds in your mag.
Also don’t be surprised when you are shooting a single shot Ruger no.1 and get kicked out by that same flair wearing Wayne LaPierre ball gargler for “rapid fire”

But other than that……….

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Finding a place to legally shoot alone and free of charge is pretty darn impossible unless you own some property. Meanwhile, check out this thread.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aug 9, 2011
Austin
RP is about 60 miles, been there many times. Great place with nice folks running it. Had a membership for the first year but just pay hourly now.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts