• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Texas doesn't have any public land, so it seems that Austinites have to go to a crowded range to shoot. Are there any places one can go to shoot alone without owning any land? Where are some good places to shoot around Austin?
    Capitol Armory ad

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    The closest outdoor range I know of is Eagle Peak in Leander. Nice range, lots of variety, decent pricing. Just follow their rules and be courteous. I read a lot of negative reviews before I went but I think it was because those people did not listen to the range officers. I have never had an issue there. BTW, no full metal jacket on the rifle range.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The closest outdoor range I know of is Eagle Peak in Leander. Nice range, lots of variety, decent pricing. Just follow their rules and be courteous. I read a lot of negative reviews before I went but I think it was because those people did not listen to the range officers. I have never had an issue there. BTW, no full metal jacket on the rifle range.
    Just don’t be surprised when some nra flair wearing range gestapo agent comes and wants to inspect the rounds in your mag.
    Also don’t be surprised when you are shooting a single shot Ruger no.1 and get kicked out by that same flair wearing Wayne LaPierre ball gargler for “rapid fire”

But other than that……….

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Finding a place to legally shoot alone and free of charge is pretty darn impossible unless you own some property. Meanwhile, check out this thread.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    RP is about 60 miles, been there many times. Great place with nice folks running it. Had a membership for the first year but just pay hourly now.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    What is this Revellie Peak you speak of? Only thing the Google shows is a hike and bike park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I would also recommend the Austin Rifle Club. It is a club with a mandatory safety evaluation and orientation. As a member you get a key card for entry. austinrifleclub.org

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The Range has nice facilities and is the only place left in this town where you can cut loose with the high end NFA toys.

But the fees and memberships are on the pricey side.

Otherwise you gotta know a dude with a ranch if you want to rapid fire or blow up tannerite.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Texas doesn't have any public land, so it seems that Austinites have to go to a crowded range to shoot. Are there any places one can go to shoot alone without owning any land? Where are some good places to shoot around Austin?

Not just Austinites. Anyone in Texas that does not own their own land or a member of a private gun club.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Lone Star outside Lockhart ain't that bad if you can go on a weekday when there are typically less people. Don't be afraid to speak up if you see some jackass being a jackass. I've done it a couple times. Usually there is no issue if you're polite. I ain't gettin' shot just to save somebodies ego, that's for damn sure.

ETA: I haven't been in a while but I think its still around $15 for the whole day.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Lone Star outside Lockhart ain't that bad if you can go on a weekday when there are typically less people. Don't be afraid to speak up if you see some jackass being a jackass. I've done it a couple times. Usually there is no issue if you're polite. I ain't gettin' shot just to save somebodies ego, that's for damn sure.
    I only went there once many years ago. Does it still get really nasty and muddy when it rains?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom