• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    But, how did you delete your post COMPLETELY?

Like I said, we can delete the content, but not the complete entry.

I believe you can delete your post if you are the last post on that thread, but as soon as someone else posts you can't delete it. I could be wrong.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Hmmm.
    I've dug through some user settings and haven't found anything conclusive. But I've got a hunch.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Sometimes that's the best way to do things. Remember how many AR uppers people made back when 7.62x25 ammo was dirt cheap? Building a rifle for otherwise useless ammo just because the ammo is cheap is working backwards but, for a couple of years when other ammo was missing or high-priced, those were the guys out shooting and having fun.

Of course, those uppers are now worth essentially nothing but if someone was smart enough to buy a pallet of ammo at the time, they'll be on the range for a long time to come.

I once placed an order with a New Jersey High Power rifle supplier for ammo. They had gotten Wolf to do a production run that used Hornady 75-grain match bullets. At the time, the delivered price was just a touch under $0.09/round, iirc. The ammo was running sub-MOA in any decent gun. I didn't have a .223 but I was going to build a pistol just to shoot the stuff because it would have been an easy way for me to return to match shooting.

Unfortunately, the ammo was all recalled before I could get any but the point remains - sometimes you get a good buy on one part of a system and you just work from there to fill in the blanks.

Ben, what decade was this in :-p

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Aren't you kind of going about this backwards? Starting with the glass, then picking the rifle to put it on, then picking the distance to shoot... not a normal way to go about things to say the least.

I beg to differ, I found an AR takedown pin spring on my shop floor and built a rifle around it, can't let good parts go to waste. I mean I had to build another one, what else was I gonna do with spare parts? :cool:

Top Bottom