0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    The buckmaster series of nikons have very clear lenses and do stand up to recoil very well. I had one mounted on a light .300 win mag that I tested several hundred low, mild and hot handloads through and it never lost it's center.

When it comes to finding the scope, midwayusa and SWFA have some good reviews and information to read. But when it comes to putting the money down on one, I have learned to use ebay. There are drop-ship companies who sell on there and can usually get you a scope that sells for $325 on midway for about $200. I bought the 4-14x40 mil-dot buckmaster that was on my .300 from ebay for $182. Just a suggestion.

Some other scopes to look into would be the Sightron SII series scopes (lifetime no BS warranty) and crystal clear optics, Leupold VX-I series scopes (lifetime no BS warranty), and maybe even a New Redfield 3-9 or 4-12x40, also with a lifetime no BS warranty.
    Just avoid Simmons, Bushnell (Unless looking at the Elite series), Tasco, BSA, Nikko Sterling, NcStar, and all those blister pack brands like they were the plague.

(as well, avoid the Nikon pro-staff series because they are not recoil covered under warranty.)

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Look into the redfield revolution. They are made by leupold. I THINK there is a review on this site by texas1911.

Top Bottom