• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I was thinking something like a Remington 870 in 12 Gauge loaded with Buck, but I know Mossberg and others have some valid choices. What say ye?

Alan,

I think the "best" choice would be a BENELLI S90... 8+1 in the chamber, autoloader. That is some SERIOUS fire-power.
    ARJ Defense ad

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Alan,

I think the "best" choice would be a BENELLI S90... 8+1 in the chamber, autoloader. That is some SERIOUS fire-power.

Alan,

I had to "re-think" this...

The "BEST" shotgun you can have, is the one in your hand at the time of need...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And the winner is.......................
    The "BEST" shotgun you can have, is the one in your hand at the time of need... by Mark F

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    Best? I dunno. A four-bore, I s'pose. Most stylish? The Browning Auto-5 in this picture. Not my gun, not my picture.

browningauto5.jpg

My own preference is a youth-model 20ga 870 with #3. 20 .25 caliber pellets in each shell. 'Cuz that's what's beside me right now. :D

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    This in my contribution to shotgun KNOCK-DOWN power...

super90.jpg

According to Benelli if you can hang on to it, you can un-load 9 rounds BEFORE the first shell hits the ground. I have not been able to do this yet...​

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    David,

That's only an 18.5" barrel including the Muzzle Brake. The angle of the photo makes it look longer than it really is...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Damn, that's a sharp Benelli! We just got in one of the tactical Benellis but it's a bit more than I'd care to spend on a shotgun.

That'd be one hell of an Anti-Bird Gun. Could slay a full limit in one go.

How well does the brake work on a shotgun? Never fired one with a brake.

Shiner Bock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    The correct measurement is to close the action and insert a rod down the breach until it is stopped and measure that distance to muzzle.

Make certain that is not less than 18". It's best to leave some extra to account for questionable ATF rulers.

If it's less than 18" and it's not stamped, that's a felony and it's foolish enough to possess it, but it's several orders of magnitude more foolish to post about that on the internet.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Yep, just having a rear sight on a shotgun is strange to me.

Dedicated defense guns have been known to have rear sights of all kinds on them from traditional v-notches to ghost rings and even peep sights. Rifled slug barrels will quite often come with rear sights especially on newer models that are sold to people who mainly shoot rifles but want to hunt in shotgun only areas or seasons. For bird guns and sporting guns I'm an advocate for taking the bead sights completely off. Of course having said that my target gun has a center bead and a fiber optic front sight.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Is it a true jam, or is it possible that you are short stoking the action? My buddy has problems with the latter. With the nature of the design there really is no room for error. Not saying anything about you, it could be the nature of Ithaca's as they copied the Browning design (if I'm not mistaken, for all I know they could be made for Ithaca by another party) similar to the way they mirror SKB designs for their double barrelled offerings. Usually on a BPS it is an operator error that creates the jam. But like I said I have no experience with the Ithaca's only the BPS.

Top Bottom