• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I just got my first handgun and this is a 1997 springfield custom .45 super.

I have a wilson mag right now and another all ss with 62199 stamped on the bottom of it.

I am going to the gun show this weekend and I hope to get a few more mags.

What brand should I look for? Should I worry about fakes at the gun show
    Military Camp

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    bjl95mustang;37498 What brand should I look for? Should I worry about fakes at the gun show[/QUOTE said:
    Of course worry about fakes....you'll find cheapos with the Colt logo, Colt .45 etc. They'll stamp anything on the base plate just to dump 'em and get your $$$$.

If you want the original Colt magazine, buy from Brownell's or factory direct from CheckMate, suppliers to Colt.

Call Joe DeBello@Checkmate 1-800-229-6467 for a magazine with the tapered feed lips and dimpled follower which keeps last round in place.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My Springfield 1911 favors the factory mags with the "pimple" on them and the Chip McCormick 8-round magazines. Granted I've only tried some cheap magazines other than those two and had little success, but they were trash magazines.

I might see you at the show if you're there on Saturday, I'll be the guy in the UT orange TGT shirt walking around.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    For years, all I've used have been either real Colt mags or USGI mags and I never had a problem. When I started shooting Bullseye again, I changed out some of the original followers with some Metalform rounded followers since one of my Bullseye guns was acting up. I also changed out the mag springs for some heavier Wolff springs. The modified mags work great.

Top Bottom