• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    My carry piece is a H&K P7 PSP. The capacity isn't as high as I'd like for a 9mm, and it's not necessarily a super-compact, but it is a very accurate little gun, and the squeeze cocker is actually very intuitive once you use it.
    ARJ Defense ad

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Here is my PM9. But I only carry that when I really need to. That is, when I need a pocket gun. I felt the same way you do about wanting a sub-compact right after I got my CHL. But, in most cases if now find I can just as easily carry a "compact" so my EDC now is a HK P2000 and sometimes a Sig P239. I do like the Kahr, and it's been very realiable though about 500 rounds, but I don't shoot it as well as the others.

The Kahr
    MyE_op2.gif

The HK and Sig
    IMG_0306.gif

Here is my wifes EDC. I really like that revolver.
    SW637-OPT.gif

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    Well, being a POOR old guy, I can't afford the "nice" guns. I do have a few "bargain" guns that I really like and have found to be very accurate and reliable. My main carry right now is a newly purchased Rock Island Armory Compact Tactical (Officer's size), and I really love it. My next favorite is, believe it or not, a Llama MiniMax.45 (also Officer's size). I also have a Para 12-.45 and an old, beat up Colt Lightweight Commander (my only two "nice" guns). I love them all and would trust any of them at any time.

brucemph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    georgetown, TX
    I like the Glock 27 because you can drop in a 9mm conversion barrel or drop in a stock 357 sig barrell for different applications. You can have three guns for the price of 1 1/2. I like to practice with the 9mm for economical reasons. The 357 sig is more effective in penetrating winshields and door panels. I find all three calibers to be as just as accurate in the same frame. Recoil recovery for second shot is noticably longer with the 357 and fastest with the 9mm for me. My accuracy is about the same as with my full size Glock 22 at under 20 yards. Of course the 3.5 pound trigger connector is an essential and inexpensive upgrade for any glock model.

matt711

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Fort Stewart, GA
    SA EMP in 9mm, the .40 cal has a steel frame which pushes the weight up. Mine has been worked over a little and is a dream to carry. It's 100% reliable, and more accurate than any pistol with a 3" barrel has a right to be. Plus, it's a 1911...

-Matt

dcfis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    ATX
    One day of carry with my new PPS and its instantly apparent it is a special one. I was doing garage work and lawn work in absolute comfort. Not the kinda tolerate it wear. Didnt notice it. At one point I brushed up against it and re-noticed it, thought about taking it off and decided THAT was too much trouble.

I would really look hard at the Kahr if it wasnt for that fanatical association. But, Id rather have that than Rugers sell out anti stance they pulled during the Clinton years.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm gonna have to vote for the G26 as best subcompact. It's simplistic, durable, reliable, holds 10rds, and is fairly compact. If you wear some loose-fitting pants or shorts with decently sized pockets, you can potentially even pocket carry one.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom