• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    Seeing as I am relatively new to handguns and I don't have the most experience, I would like to learn from yours... I have recently taken the CHL class and I'm now in the market for a subcompact. I have kind of narrowed down my picks to a "Baby" Glock or a Kahr MK9 or MK40. Give me your input:
    Glock or Kahr?
    What do you carry?
    *It would be nice to see pictures of your conceal set-up too. Thanks!
    Target Sports

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I have a Glock 26 that I use for my work carry gun when I'm out where clients may seem me. I've tried the Kahr's as well, but I'm a big guy so the size issue isn't as big a deal. For when I'm in the office or its cool enough for slightly more clothing I'll tote around the G30.

The G26 has treated me well so far, it gets carried in a COMP-TAC G1 IWB holster and I've yet to be outed by a client who doesn't know I carry.

As for accuracy its pretty good for a subcompact. There are actually time I shoot it better then my 17 or 34.

I should add I also have shot the other baby glocks, and while some folks will argue that the 9mm isn't the best round for some things, I find that its less snappy in the subcompact glocks. If you are not paying attention or you grip is off the .40 and .357 will try and flip away from you.

Malladus

shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    Kahr CW9

If my ID comes in tomorrow, I'll carry my Kahr CW9. Glocks are great pistols, but I don't like their thickness compared to Kahr for carry purposes. I'm only 5'10", 165 lbs, so I need something relatively thin. Desantis Tuck-This IWB behind my right hip.

Shiner Bock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    If it were for me and not necessarily what I would recommend to you, I would pick the MK40. What criteria did you use to boil it down to these two choices?

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Between a Glock and a Kahr, I would choose the Kahr. The CW9 seems to be a well made, affordably priced gun, from what I can tell. That being said, I own and have shot numerous Glocks. They all shoot well and you can't tear them up. The kahr is slimmer with no real weight difference. I mainly shoot 1911's and their triggers will spoil you. I have shot Kahrs and I don't find there to be much difference in the trigger pull between them and the stock Glocks. You won't go wrong either way.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I am a little fellow. 5'7" 150 lbs. I like to wear jeans and a t-shirt when not working. I usually carry a Kahr PM9 in my right front pants pocket. It is light, doesn't print with the pocket holster I use, and I always have it with me because it is so easy to hide. No, I don't expect to knock anyone down with it, but I can shoot and hit VERY well with it. But just lately, my wife has found it and taken it away from me. She used to carry a compact XD40. The last time we went shooting together she noticed me shooting the PM9 and wanted to put a few rounds through it. You see I did not tell her that I had purchased it when I did.:rolleyes: It relates to the other thread about wifes not wanting you to purchase a new gun. Well, she ended up putting about 50 rounds through it. She didn't say much, but she has been taking and carrying it instead of her XD. I guess it is easier for her to conceal and carry also.:mad: Soooo, until I buy another one for me, I have been pocketing my little .38 +P airweight snubie. It hides in the front pocket almost as well as the PM9.
    Now, all that being said, If I am wearing more (like a jacket or over shirt), I will take one of our XD40s. I noticed that if my wife is wearing her fanny pack she too carries a larger caliber gun.
    btw-she is a very experienced shooter and a very good shot. You can put any type of gun in her hand and she will know how to use it safely.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Weather is a big factor in what I carry. My carry weapon is either a S & W 442 with Crimson Trace grips or my MP 9 compact depending on the weather and my attire. During the relatively short Texas winter I can carry about anything in my arsenal.

kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks for all of your input! I think Im going to go with the kahr, but the price difference in the g26 and the mk9 is fairly significant. We'll see how my pocketbook feels at the gun show next week!

woulf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    Traded my G36 for a Kahr PM9 and haven't had regrets. I prefer a smaller caliber in the small frame. Conceals very easy and versatile, wether in pocket, IWB or OWB. :)

Galco IWB
    21b25up.jpg

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I am fond of my recently-purchased PPS:
    PPS-002.jpg

It's incredibly slim and does not compromise too much for its small size.

Relative to a Glock 17:
    PPS-G17-001.jpg

Top Bottom