• ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Where'd you see the Viper at?

GTs. I didnt pay attention to the model numbers on the other ones. I should have checked that they were all on the minimum setting to compare them fairly.

Not sure where else to look at nice scopes. Maybe McBrides? Academy doesnt have much. AGL has the Burris MTAC i think but not much to compare it to.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    GTs. I didnt pay attention to the model numbers on the other ones. I should have checked that they were all on the minimum setting to compare them fairly.
    Definitely compare them on 4x. On some scopes it can make a big difference to eye relief and not so much on others.

I was in Gander a couple weeks ago and they didn't have much. I know they had the MTAC, the Weaver 1-4 and the Millett. Hey, if you like the Millett I'll make you a good deal on mine, lol...

Cabelas has just about everything.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Appreciate the offer and warning.

I checked out Gander website and agree they dont have a great selection. I may make the voyage to McBrides soon and check out their selection. Viewing them on 4x is good advice. Its probably more likely to bring out weaknesses than 1x.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In passing, Millet has been trying hard...but their crosshairs are formed from bent railroad ties and have an annoying tendency to come...off...under heavy recoil. Not that a .223 has heavy recoil, but their purpose-built long-range .50 scope looked kind of neat after most of the dots had relocated themselves to elsewhere in the field after ten rounds of 660 grain fun. So did the replacement scope's dots.

I've got a Millett DMS sitting nearby that was killed by 3 gun dump barrels. The ocular wiggles around now, so zero doesn't stay where you put it. I need to send it back and see if I can get it fixed on the cheap so I can sell it to someone I don't like.

It got the job done, but cheek weld had to be perfect at 4x, and there's tons of distortion going on.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've got a Millett DMS sitting nearby that was killed by 3 gun dump barrels. The ocular wiggles around now, so zero doesn't stay where you put it. I need to send it back and see if I can get it fixed on the cheap so I can sell it to someone I don't like.

It got the job done, but cheek weld had to be perfect at 4x, and there's tons of distortion going on.

Ive been thinking of that, relatively hard use and wondering if i just wouldnt be better off with an Aimpoint.

I guess i need to decide on what role this rifle is filling for me.

Top Bottom