• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Retired Spook

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Texas - the Douchebag State
    Best way to cook a hot dog in my humble opinion - get yourself some Nathan's hotdogs in natural casings, give em a few slashes with a sharp knife but not too deep, and deep fry them in very hot oil. If you do it right they will rip open. They're called "rippers."

Put that in a hot dog roll with some Gulden's spicy brown mustard and pickle relish and it is hot dog heaven.

Try it sometime - but the oil has got to be hot, not warm.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I like fried Spam with breakfast almost as much as bacon and sausage.
    The guys at deer camp expect me to bring Spam. I generally cook breakfast. I am the old guy, most of them are early 40, something weird about those guys, Seems like they are not allowed to cook/eat anything as savory as Spam at home. I fry it up with the usual eggs and fried potato chunks. They wolf it down like someone is going to take it away from them. They also beg me to make fried bologna sandwiches, as none of their women would allow THAT in their kitchen.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The guys at deer camp expect me to bring Spam. I generally cook breakfast. I am the old guy, most of them are early 40, something weird about those guys, Seems like they are not allowed to cook/eat anything as savory as Spam at home. I fry it up with the usual eggs and fried potato chunks. They wolf it down like someone is going to take it away from them. They also beg me to make fried bologna sandwiches, as none of their women would allow THAT in their kitchen.
    Wife and I both love Spam, so we keep a couple of cans in the cabinet. We both like fried bologna sandwiches too, but it has to be the good bologna that they slice to order as deli or meat market.

Neither of my ex-wives liked Spam or bologna, they thought it was poor people food!

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Wife and I both love Spam, so we keep a couple of cans in the cabinet. We both like fried bologna sandwiches too, but it has to be the good bologna that they slice to order as deli or meat market.

Neither of my ex-wives liked Spam or bologna, they thought it was poor people food!
    My Dad ate Spam during WWII pushing krauts across France, Belgium and Germany. He told me they would rub it on their boots to waterproof them.

8531B1B3-3F2A-4ECE-94EE-2422079ED772.jpeg

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I like Sabretts ,dirty water dogs as they like to call them on a steamed bun. If it is grilled I llike nathan perpendicular on the grill no cutting or scoring.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I think Hot Shots grilled their hotdogs the best way. Combined with the smell of jet fuel, is there anything better? :)

Capture.JPG

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Potted meat is poor people food, but as a little kid eat it on saltines out of the can it was pretty damn good! Can't remember the last time I had it, probabally oneupmanship of someone eating .99 cent sardines. I'm a King Oscar Sardine & Kipper fan. I try to avoid canned chicken too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Potted meat is poor people food, but as a little kid eat it on saltines out of the can it was pretty damn good! Can't remember the last time I had it, probabally oneupmanship of someone eating .99 cent sardines. I'm a King Oscar Sardine & Kipper fan. I try to avoid canned chicken too.
    I could make a meal out of potted meat, saltines and some dill pickles!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Spread on crackers no dill pickles sit on the living room floor with my dad infront of the TV.

Out of curiosity I looked at youtube for more potted meat ideas, kind of wish I hadn't.
    Some things are better left unknown!

My grandfather had a sayin, " The less you know how sausage is made, the easier it is to eat breakfast!"

Top Bottom