• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    What is the best way for audio quality to send the sound signal to my yamaha receiver. Its a newer model that is higher end. Should I go from my Asus crosshair vi hero motherboard onboard audio optical to my receiver, or should I send audio from my nvidia gtx 970 hdmi to my yamaha receiver. What is better?
    ARJ Defense ad

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    What is the best way for audio quality to send the sound signal to my yamaha receiver. What is better?

If you are looking for true Dolby the optical will be uncompressed audio and will be easier to configure as audio in(I have a Yamaha unit myself). The graphics card has to pull from the integrated audio anyway.
    Any HDMI audio will be PCM, compressed audio. I would keep the HDMI ports free for video inputs.

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    If you are looking for true Dolby the optical will be uncompressed audio and will be easier to configure as audio in(I have a Yamaha unit myself). The graphics card has to pull from the integrated audio anyway.
    Any HDMI audio will be PCM, compressed audio. I would keep the HDMI ports free for video inputs.

Its what I want to do but can't find my damn extra optical audio cable its making me go grrrrrrrr lol My yamaha reciever is only for the computer nothing else. So no need for other hdmi stuff. Family room TV has its own sound bar system.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Its what I want to do but can't find my damn extra optical audio cable its making me go grrrrrrrr lol My yamaha reciever is only for the computer nothing else. So no need for other hdmi stuff. Family room TV has its own sound bar system.

Walmart Run?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I got the chromecast audio recently. Really like it. Has an optical out but you need to buy the cable. (Mini-TOSLINK-to-TOSLINK (optical) cable - Not included with Chromecast Audio)

Nice little wireless device that lets you cast your audio from just about any device to the receiver.

https://www.google.com/chromecast/audio/

audio-chromecast-specs.jpg

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I got the chromecast audio recently. Really like it. Has an optical out but you need to buy the cable. (Mini-TOSLINK-to-TOSLINK (optical) cable - Not included with Chromecast Audio)

Nice little wireless device that lets you cast your audio from just about any device to the receiver.

https://www.google.com/chromecast/audio/

audio-chromecast-specs.jpg

That is cool but my receiver has blue tooth built in so I can already do that with my cell phone or my surface pro tablet.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    If he is anything like me, he doesn't give a rats ass about his TV and cares more about keeping a high end gaming computer with a solid sound system to enjoy it.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    TexasBrandon;1612411 said:
    If he is anything like me, he doesn't give a rats ass about his TV and cares more about keeping a high end gaming computer with a solid sound system to enjoy it.

NOOOO not me not at all lol

Top Bottom