• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Picked up a Chronograph this past weekend. Decided that since I plan on reloading and thought this might be a nice addition to the range bag for testing new loads.

IMG_0797.gif
    Target Sports

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Good Job!!! You can read all the books, but that little item will tell you what your loads are really doing. Just don't shoot it.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    just so long as you dont do like Texas Redneck did and put one into one of the rods

Yeah I didn't think you were supposed to aim at the rods, kind of tells you that in the instructions.

Good Job!!! You can read all the books, but that little item will tell you what your loads are really doing. Just don't shoot it.

Yes, shooting it would be bad, they don't work so much after doing that. A friend of mine had one and who knows what happened to his after he passed away, so I bought one and figured when I start reloading this Chronograph will get tons of use.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Looks like Mine! I love the one I have. It surprised me how much "factory" ammo differed round to round in fps. If you start getting crazy readings, ( like way low or high) put a piece of cardboard over the top bows. It seems the photo eyes don't like the bright Texas sunlight. MG

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Looks like Mine! I love the one I have. It surprised me how much "factory" ammo differed round to round in fps. If you start getting crazy readings, ( like way low or high) put a piece of cardboard over the top bows. It seems the photo eyes don't like the bright Texas sunlight. MG

I was firing airsoft pellets through it the other day for fun cause I can fire it in the yard and not have to go to the range, but it seemed pretty accurate.

Thanks for the cardboard tip, probably would never have thought of doing that.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    We were shooting out in the driveway and it was 100+ out that day. Not sure if the reflection off the ground was causing a problem but we started having .357 rounds coming up at 600fps... same recoil as the others that were much higher. We didn't have any place in the shade to put the chrony, so we put a piece of cardboard over the top of both bows. Worked perfect after that. MG

Top Bottom