• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    More interesting is Gomert running for AG to keep Bush from Gov. and who runs for Gomert's seat?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That’s an interesting question and then there’s Eva Guzman running for AG, too.

One of those two will get my primary vote since Paxton is a piece of shît.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    justsayNO.jpg

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    he’s so out of place in a state like texas
    Soros must be giving him millions to run his brand of nonsense.

conservatives should be volnteering to work polling places in these blue cities

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    he’s so out of place in a state like texas
    Soros must be giving him millions to run his brand of nonsense.

conservatives should be volnteering to work polling places in these blue cities
    You feel this way because you are on a gun forum but look at the numbers in 2018,
    Cruz 4,244,204 Beto 4,024,777
    Almost half the state vote was for Beto so don't take this lightly. Republicans must come out in force to support the nominee and not get lazy about the vote. Turnout will mean everything.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    You feel this way because you are on a gun forum but look at the numbers in 2018,
    Cruz 4,244,204 Beto 4,024,777
    Almost half the state vote was for Beto so don't take this lightly. Republicans must come out in force to support the nominee and not get lazy about the vote. Turnout will mean everything.

But if you look at the other races that year, they tell a different story.

In the governor's race, Abbott handily beat his Democrat opponent by over a million votes (4,650,000 vs. 3,546,000), even with a libertarian taking almost 150,000 votes from Abbott (the Senate race had approx. 60,000 for the libertarian). Very different outcome for a Republican in this race.

The Lt Governor's race was a little tighter because a libertarian took almost 200,000 votes away from Dan Patrick, but he still won by over 400,000 votes over the Democrat. Almost the same exact numbers for Ken Paxton in the Attorney General race.

For the lowly Commissioner of the General Land Office race, George P.Bush beat his Democrat opponent by almost a million votes, even with a libertarian candidate getting 250,000 votes.

And yes, turnout was approx. 53-54% that year.

As far as O'Rourke, there were reports in my neck of the woods (and elsewhere) of voting machines changing Cruz votes to O'Rourke ones when a voter checked off the single Republican ticket vote during early voting. Soon the word was to individually vote for each race to avoid this, my wife and I did this. But I can't imagine how many votes were changed in this manner. It is telling they no longer use that option anymore.

Top Bottom