!!!beware of a scam artist from austin!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by ge0624me, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ge0624me

ge0624me New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Before you read this, pls refrain from the your stupid or i would never do that or how could you be so dumb, i know i messed up ,i heard from my wife all night long,i'm usually a pretty snappy individual, but like they say ,i let my guard down and got burned. I recently had a SW1911 the TGT sister site ,I have always had good luck ,buying and selling, never had an issue with anyone, well I cant say that anymore. After receiving and e-mail from a fellow that goes by the name of BILLAL DEKKER who also claims that he is a DETECTIVE IN AUSTIN, comitted to meeting me and buying the sw1911, during the day of the transaction, after work hours, because he claimed he was working late at his Agency, he calls me @rnd7:30 claiming that he did not have the cash but would have a personal check for $830.00. Well alway's refusing checks in the past and still reluctant, i gave him the benefit of the doubt becuase he showed me a fake police badge and i let my guard down, and needless to say he was very good at his trade of conning , well offcourse if i SHOULD of went with my gut instinct & would'nt of got burned, because it bounced withen a few days, of cashing WOW WHAT A SHOCKER. The reason i'm posting this is to make everyone aware and if you have also been burned by him pls send me an e-mail.Im actually pretty embarressed about this,but i also know he told me at the time he had puchased another 1911 which was a Coonan 357, and i'm wandering if he burned that individual as well, i've already been to the authorities at San Marcos pd, and the DA'S office there and filed charges, i know know alot more about this individual now, stay away from him His e-mail address is ''billel69@hotmail.com''.

2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    You try to be a nice guy and look what it gets ya.
    I've read many threads about not requiring ID on a private transaction. This guy sounds good , I would not be surprised if he had a fake TDL as well.

3. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I'm sure you already checked this out, but did you go to the bank the check was issued from? Any chance the address is current? If not, was there a forwarding address? Might be able to find this scum-bag with a little footwork. I wouldn't leave it up to the PD or DA. To them you are just another case#.
    Just my .02 c.
    Good luck
    MG

4. glockrocker

glockrocker Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Damn man, thats just wrong. I hope justice is swift for this guy.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Call APD and report someone with a fake Police ID and acting as an APD police officer. I would think they would take this very seriously.

6. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Absolutely.

If you haven't done that yet, I'd wonder why. It's much more serious than you losing a gun. But you may have, although you don't mention APD, but it's kind of hard to read your post.

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Thanks for the heads up. Don't be to hard on yourself. I'm sure a lot of people have gone through a learning experience like this. I have.

8. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    I strongly encourage you to contact Austin P. D. and advise them of this situation. You do not list where you live. I would also strongly encourage you to file a fraud report with the police agency where you live no matter if it is Austin or a neighboring city. What this person did was to violate your trust. You in no way should beat yourself up. You were being taken advantage of by an evil person and they should be hunted down and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Contact me off line if you have questions or need assistance.

9. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Theft of a firearm
    Hot check (or identity theft)
    Impersonation of a LEO

This guy is looking at some serious time.

Do you have anything that might have a fingerprint on it?

I would get with APD tell them, and give them the SN so they know it is not in your possession in case it goes to MS13

If they will not do anything the a call to the BATFE will get some reaction at least.

10. ge0624me

ge0624me New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Thank you guys, to answer some of your questions, this offense the transaction took place in San Marcos Lowes parking lot, i have already filed Charges for the fraudelant check with the D/A'S office in S/M PD, also went to the police dept there as well and reported the Gun as a THEFT by CHECK, IN CASE IT TURNS UP, as far as Austin p.d you Guys are right on that will be my Next move, any friction i can put on this individual ,his Back claims that they just cancelled his acct do to mega Bounced checks, i swear i hope no one else ever has to go thu this it suck's, i just want everybody aware of this ''SOB''....thats o/k i'll probably never get my S&W 1911 back or the money, but karma is a double edged sword, he'll get his i promise that, sooner or later. thx guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.