• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Anyone here shoot at the Bexar Community Range off 10/90?

I really like this place as it's very friendly and you get to police yourselves (not like Bracken..."step behind the red line" every 15 minutes)

I'm just getting back into varminting and working up a load for my new Savage Predator Hunter in .223. If anyone is interested in spending an afternoon at the range working on stuff, give me a shout.
    Texas SOT

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Great! I'm a member too. We should set up a meet & greet, burn some powder and BBQ. Maybe a whole San Antonio members thing.
    Anyone available on weekdays?

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    I was there today. Texas Solo, AR15.com has a group of San Antonio folks that are starting to get together more frequently for dinner and the like. We just got together Friday evening. Next event that gets posted, I'll cross post it here to drum up more like-minded folks. In the meantime, I'm up for shooting any weekend. We'd just need to check the CHL class schedules they have there... Saturdays can get crowded.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Cool. I haven't been to AR15.com in a long time.

Yeah, putting together "range days" is a lot of fun. You meet new folk and get to shoot some stuff you've never heard of, or always wished you could shoot. A few buckets of chicken and a cooler full of sodas later you've had an enjoyable day!

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    So....when we gonna get together???? An' where?

I guess a Saturday would be best as they open at 0900, but that's just my thoughts. Can somebody do a poll to discover what works best for the masses? I'll need 2 weeks notice too get a particular day off. Note that they're closed on Mon/Wed, 1200 Sun,Tues,Thurs,Fri.

Meeting at the rifle range would probably be best, and we could probably be OK shooting pistols there too (at the 25yd. range) We can always ask them in advance if we're planning a gathering. I'll be there tomorrow, about noon, so I'll ask them about it.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    range day?

Went to range today to do some scope work. I spoke with Jennifer Winkelmann(owner) who said we were very welcome to use the outside patio for our get together, N/C. She asked that I let her know when we plan it so she can check the CHL class schedule which ties up the pistol range. She also asked about how many folks would show up. I said "??????". I told her I'd check here and see how many folks would be interested in attending our little shootfest and let her determine what day would be best. It would prolly be a Saturday, but a weekday is also possible if that's what the majority wants. I'll make another post specific to this purpose.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    TomCat...look for the new thread and vote for your preferences. Remember to simply copy/paste the informal poll, changing the totals to reflect your votes. Thanks.

captbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    New to this sight. Live in SA, work in La.(Merchant Marine. I'm home for 2 weeks starting around the 27th. Can shoot most days, weekends or weekdays. I'll see how it works out, but you can prolly count me in.

Tueller drill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Round Rock
    Hey fellow shooters. Let's remember not to advertise it too much though. She's a rare beauty and I'd hate for them to start acting like the other asinine ranges in the San Antonio area.

Top Bottom