Bicycling After 25 Year of not Riding

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
You know once I started tracking my vitals it added another dimension of seeing the work and progress. I’m waiting on a new band for my Fitbit since the wrist band broke last Friday. I almost duct taped it to my arm but didn’t. It should arrive soon. I haven’t missed any days working out but I miss tracking it. Keeps it interesting.

You threw down a full hour. Nice work
Woke up about 30 minutes before the alarm went off. Figured I would put the extra time to good use;)

My average day at work looks like this( on top of my morning ride)
B7DFDC06-E2E0-480B-B906-76A5CDCAC15B.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
C4DC183F-05C4-4A58-8AD0-A6517A37741A.jpeg
Started out riding into wind this morning and kept it at my back on the ride in. Much more pleasant ride back to hotel although not much better time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
On the road yet?
Left my bicycle PPE at home so mainly on the 1.5 mile track around the Post Oak Mall this week. When I have my helmet, I have been braving the roads in College Station at 0300 as there is very little traffic, and what there is, I can see it from a good distance away and hop on the sidewalk until it passes.

Dave68

TGT Supporter
Sep 4, 2014
Houston
Starting to get into cycling again after a decade or two. How long does it take for saddle soreness to go away? That’s mainly what’s limiting my ride time right now.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Starting to get into cycling again after a decade or two. How long does it take for saddle soreness to go away? That’s mainly what’s limiting my ride time right now.
Good seat on mine( gel/foam) and it has not been an issue. I scoffed at the idea that a good gel seat would make a difference, but wow, was I ever wrong on that

cycleguy2300

Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
About a solid week for me if I have been off for a while

Saddles are like shoes, find one that fits and remember cushion doesn't equal comfort.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Had a tune up on bike, new chain ( second on in 720 miles, guy at bike shop almost admitted he sold me an “old man bike”,lol) said I am wearing them out because I am actually riding them out. Will be upgrading to high end chain and gear cassette next trip in.

And finally , pedal straps. Looks like they made the difference in over one mile per hour on my average pace.
02309D26-C5B9-47A3-8E2B-D6CE8AE6252F.jpeg

Top Bottom