• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    Do all of you hate riding in your neighborhoods? I find it hard to ride, just going in circles. Houston does have some decent bike paths, but not like other cities.
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Do all of you hate riding in your neighborhoods? I find it hard to ride, just going in circles. Houston does have some decent bike paths, but not like other cities.
    My neighborhood is rural. It would be awesome to ride there except for the dogs. Don’t blame the dogs( or the dog’s humans) because they are doing what they are supposed to do and people live outside the cities to be able to not have pet ordinances to deal with.

Our dogs live inside and go outside to a giant fenced yard.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Woke up from nap and knocked out another 11 miles today( might be closer to 14 as I forgot to unpause the app)
    7CA2E727-DF7A-4101-A0A5-F77B9058554F.jpeg

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio

I live off FM466 in Gonzales. It’s very rural. I’m afraid one of the oilfield trucks might hit me though. There’s no shoulder at all on this little two lane road. San Antonio has an awesome greenway system that is growing every year. That’s where I ride mostly. I’ve got a 40 miler mapped out for next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    San Antonio has an awesome greenway system that is growing every year. That’s where I ride mostly.

Houston also has some great green spaces, and more being built. But nowhere near some other cities. I do enjoy seeing the progress though compared to 20 years ago.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finally went to doc about my leg. 2 bone bruises, checking on a possible clot. Good thing my nurse friend canceled on me.

Told me stay off it. Rest, elevate, ice.

Too cold for my liking for a ride anyway.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well my 40 miler got canceled. Riding buddy flaked. Needed 2 cars to accomplish it. So did my usual route of 13 miles. Dog and I did 4 this morning on the riverwalk. Should be enough cardio for the day.
    c8927f7664703158c52820f802557107.png

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    What's the best smartwatch in your opinion for tracking cycling/running through Strava? I know that most Garmin's play nice with Strava, but I also already have a FitBit scale. I hate really having multiple apps for the same stuff.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I ride a fat tire bicycle, have been last 4 years, generally ride at least 5 miles a day 7 days a week. Currently have 7,600+ miles and it's true, once you ride a bike you don't forget. I hadn't ridden in about 50 years, doctor wanted me to get off the couch, saw the bike and liked it. I'm 69 and I ride mostly neighborhood streets with a buddy who rides a 3 wheeler.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    What's the best smartwatch in your opinion for tracking cycling/running through Strava? I know that most Garmin's play nice with Strava, but I also already have a FitBit scale. I hate really having multiple apps for the same stuff.
    Can't beat a Garmin. I have Fenix 5+ and love it

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

I just run strava on my phone, but my wife uses her Garmin linked to her phone or S3 Gear using the strava.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    Can't beat a Garmin. I have Fenix 5+ and love it

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

That's the one I was looking at buying. I know the 6S is out there, but you can find some really good deals on the 5S because of the new model.

I just run strava on my phone, but my wife uses her Garmin linked to her phone or S3 Gear using the strava.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

I don't mind using my phone on rides, but I also want to start jogging again, and I think I'd rather have a watch. And I think the Garmin really does well with Strava.

Appreciate the input!

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I use my Apple Watch and IPhone. They track my health data well enough for me. My maps however are Gaia with a Topo overlay. The ability to add overlays gives awesome detail on trails. Wouldn’t recommend it just for biking based on price. I use it a lot for offroad camping.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    First Time back on the bike since my injury. Almost three weeks since I rode. Did three miles and averaged about 10 mph. I was pretty bushed but my leg didn’t hurt during the ride.

Top Bottom