• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    4038496C-F5AD-4029-858D-83C95A4D6F35.jpeg
    Wind direction dictated I go to Bryan this morning.
    Military Camp

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    2AECF321-59A3-4FC7-A6DE-0088BCD2C75A.jpeg
    Much slower in daylight than at 0230,actually have to stop at traffic lights. App kept pausing as well. Might be a couple of more miles than showing.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have been hammered at work this week. With the rain and that I haven't had one ride.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Brought my bike home to take it to a bike shop for some service only to learn there is a 2 week lead time!! So I decided to ride around my hood, holy hell the hills were rough!!

Getting up to 30 mph going down the main hill was fun, trying to get back up that hill? Not fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Brought my bike home to take it to a bike shop for some service only to learn there is a 2 week lead time!! So I decided to ride around my hood, holy hell the hills were rough!!

Getting up to 30 mph going down the main hill was fun, trying to get back up that hill? Not fun!

Bicycles are EASY to work on. Go to youtube, watch and try. Torque required is minimal. Get a inch-pound or single digit N-m torque wrench and don't force anything. Maybe a couple of odds and ends and you can do anything you need.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Bicycles are EASY to work on. Go to youtube, watch and try. Torque required is minimal. Get a inch-pound or single digit N-m torque wrench and don't force anything. Maybe a couple of odds and ends and you can do anything you need.

I’ve already done a few things myself, bolt on stuff, but bleeding the hydraulic brakes and servicing the air shock are a little intimidating.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’ve already done a few things myself, bolt on stuff, but bleeding the hydraulic brakes and servicing the air shock are a little intimidating.

Shimano brakes? Get the real shimano brake fluid, the bleed kit and go. Its super easy and basically instead of bleeding it like a car, you use a syringe an hose to push fluid UP from the bleed nipple. Sram is the same process, but uses a different set up.

What are you doing to your shock (fork?) They are intimidating, surprisingly simple and as long as you keep things clean they again are easy to work on. Get a shock pump and your correct susp fluid weight (maxima, or any brand).

If you really have to cheap out on Shimano brake fluid, susp fluid is a popular substitute.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    All of those with mechanical skills always say 'it's easy...all you hafta do is'...not able to understand some folks don't have mechanical skill aptitude...me, I'm 'handi-abled' in eating and can fart "The Star Spangled Banner"!

Not everyone has that aptitude.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    All of those with mechanical skills always say 'it's easy...all you hafta do is'...not able to understand some folks don't have mechanical skill aptitude...me, I'm 'handi-abled' in eating and can fart "The Star Spangled Banner"!

Not everyone has that aptitude.

In my case, I am likely capable of fixing anything I put my mind to, my concern is messing something up and either costing more money to fix, and or excessive down time to fix/get fixed what I screw up.

I also have really bad luck with it comes to things never going smoothly when I need them to.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In my case, I am likely capable of fixing anything I put my mind to, my concern is messing something up and either costing more money to fix, and or excessive down time to fix/get fixed what I screw up.

I also have really bad luck with it comes to things never going smoothly when I need them to.

Tell me about it. I think I just lost a transfer case 1000mi from home... going to sleep and then look at it innthe morning.

Top Bottom