Bicycling After 25 Year of not Riding

cycleguy2300

Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Teaching new class of bike patrol ? The Town, err, Ladybird Lake route looks like the one I frequently see new bike officers getting trained at.
Yup around Town Lake. It's a good and fun week on the bike. Some have literally not ridden since they were kids. The first sit on saddle on day 2 is funny to watch.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
View attachment 232006 Short, painful ride this morning. Anyone recommend good riding gloves. 40’s and my fingers while on the bike is not a combo I like.
Yeah, I am a sissy about my fingers getting cold.
I REALLY like Defeet knit gloves. The are warm and not bulky. They only glove warmer that I have used is an Exteondo fleece-gore wind stopper. Toasty.

Under 40, I just don't bother ridding anymore

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
I have a pair of thin North Face gloves. Very comfy and warm enough this morning at 45.

I downloaded the app but keep forgetting to activate it when I ride.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
Other then my Filson gloves I own some First Spear OIG Gloves that I bought for the machine gun shoots. I had tried Mechanix & they just did not sold up.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Lost an acquaintance last week. We had ridden together a number of times over the last decade.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. I have ridden in that same area. Drivers scare the hell out of me on the road. Complete lack of awareness while texting, talking on the phone, intoxication, etc.

One of the reasons I like riding in the wee hours of the morning.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member