Bicycling After 25 Year of not Riding

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
I rode a couple of times this week. Lots of driving for work. :(
Took a couple of 2 mile walks with Mrs. Hoji this week as well.
Walks with the wife are always nice.

My wife rode with me today. She had a Pro MTB racing license back a few years ago, but she had a bad day today and me and one of the other girls on the ride (it's a girls ride that I am graciously invited to because I am not a tool) took turns pushing her up the hills. It didn't slow us too much, but I think we would have done 1-1.5mph better avg had we not had to wait on the hills. I wasn't "cramping" but by about halfway I had to watch it if I stood as the muscles were not relaxing as fast as they should to pedal right if I stood too long.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
View attachment 254783 Short ride at Bastrop State Park today. Going to buy a year pass to the state parks. They seem like pretty good places to ride.
I will be riding the F1 track tomorrow. It’s like $10 if you pre register and $12 if you go day of.
@cycleguy2300 have you ever ridden it?
Yes, its fun! You get to see just how tight turns 11 and 12 (10 and 11?) actually are. The climb to turn-1 is no joke, but short enough you can power over if you run in with just a little speed.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Yes, its fun! You get to see just how tight turns 11 and 12 (10 and 11?) actually are. The climb to turn-1 is no joke, but short enough you can power over if you run in with just a little speed.

Never heard of this, thanks. My daughter and I will try this out soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Ok, riding the COTA track was a blast. Thanks to @cycleguy2300 for the assist on loop 4 of that nasty climb on turn 1. Did about 23 miles ( 6 laps around the track) 2 nasty leg cramps, one resulting in a low speed bike dump and broken derailer and an all around badass time. Can’t wait to do it again in June( I will be riding with the children of the corn for the next few weeks)
96D29D8D-3A3B-4C37-A26B-0BD4DFAC7647.jpeg

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Ok, riding the COTA track was a blast. Thanks to @cycleguy2300 for the assist on loop 4 of that nasty climb on turn 1. Did about 23 miles ( 6 laps around the track) 2 nasty leg cramps, one resulting in a low speed bike dump and broken derailer and an all around badass time. Can’t wait to do it again in June( I will be riding with the children of the corn for the next few weeks) View attachment 254946
Hoji rocked it. He is way faster than the last time we rode! Got 33.5mi for the night.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts