• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I rode a couple of times this week. Lots of driving for work. :(
    Took a couple of 2 mile walks with Mrs. Hoji this week as well.
    Walks with the wife are always nice.

My wife rode with me today. She had a Pro MTB racing license back a few years ago, but she had a bad day today and me and one of the other girls on the ride (it's a girls ride that I am graciously invited to because I am not a tool) took turns pushing her up the hills. It didn't slow us too much, but I think we would have done 1-1.5mph better avg had we not had to wait on the hills. I wasn't "cramping" but by about halfway I had to watch it if I stood as the muscles were not relaxing as fast as they should to pedal right if I stood too long.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    6A8FEAA5-36F8-4F7C-A85F-7127761F298C.jpeg
    Short ride at Bastrop State Park today. Going to buy a year pass to the state parks. They seem like pretty good places to ride.
    I will be riding the F1 track tomorrow. It’s like $10 if you pre register and $12 if you go day of.
    @cycleguy2300 have you ever ridden it?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    View attachment 254783 Short ride at Bastrop State Park today. Going to buy a year pass to the state parks. They seem like pretty good places to ride.
    I will be riding the F1 track tomorrow. It’s like $10 if you pre register and $12 if you go day of.
    @cycleguy2300 have you ever ridden it?

Yes, its fun! You get to see just how tight turns 11 and 12 (10 and 11?) actually are. The climb to turn-1 is no joke, but short enough you can power over if you run in with just a little speed.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yes, its fun! You get to see just how tight turns 11 and 12 (10 and 11?) actually are. The climb to turn-1 is no joke, but short enough you can power over if you run in with just a little speed.

Never heard of this, thanks. My daughter and I will try this out soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ok, riding the COTA track was a blast. Thanks to @cycleguy2300 for the assist on loop 4 of that nasty climb on turn 1. Did about 23 miles ( 6 laps around the track) 2 nasty leg cramps, one resulting in a low speed bike dump and broken derailer and an all around badass time. Can’t wait to do it again in June( I will be riding with the children of the corn for the next few weeks)
    96D29D8D-3A3B-4C37-A26B-0BD4DFAC7647.jpeg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Ok, riding the COTA track was a blast. Thanks to @cycleguy2300 for the assist on loop 4 of that nasty climb on turn 1. Did about 23 miles ( 6 laps around the track) 2 nasty leg cramps, one resulting in a low speed bike dump and broken derailer and an all around badass time. Can’t wait to do it again in June( I will be riding with the children of the corn for the next few weeks) View attachment 254946
    Hoji rocked it. He is way faster than the last time we rode! Got 33.5mi for the night.
    ee144553cbf24b81e1677704c9df675f.jpg
    3d2b80bcc83eaf6fc31d915d9fca7373.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Just saw this today, and I live in Dallas area. But we will plan it as soon as my busy time slows down.

I will keep you posted on when I can break away.
    Awesome. It has more elevation than you would think, but its cool to be able to get on the track withbhundreds of others people on bicycles and just pedal

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    I never knew how to ride a bike. Tried one time as a kick and broke my legs.
    Never tried it again but my wife is a good rider. Seeing her ride a bike makes me want to try again.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I never knew how to ride a bike. Tried one time as a kick and broke my legs.
    Never tried it again but my wife is a good rider. Seeing her ride a bike makes me want to try again.
    My advice to older riders like me. Make sure you can touch the ground at least a little bit when mounted. Bought into that full extension crap and have had some major road rash cases to show for it. Nothing broken .... yet.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My advice to older riders like me. Make sure you can touch the ground at least a little bit when mounted. Bought into that full extension crap and have had some major road rash cases to show for it. Nothing broken .... yet.
    I kid one of my buddies, he's a few years older, he should carry a step stool.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    C4A9DCB6-5596-4E13-969F-B44DF7476E32.jpeg
    Back from Galaxy Bicycles in San Marcos. These guys are TOPS! Repaired and tuned up bike on left I broke yesterday and tuned up my hybrid and put new clipless pedals on. Took both for a 1.4 mile spin to get the tire slime evenly distributed. Now back to my computer to finish a little work.

Top Bottom