• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Tomorrow is the last bike bight for a while. Get it while you can!
    5fdef28203f80692389390e1db42c33d.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I will try to make June 8. Depends on what time I get in from Nebraska
    DK Firearms

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    E3B79B21-62AF-4AD8-9886-A17F32804EE8.jpeg
    15 this morning in 45 degrees. This city is laid out kind of strange. Will study some maps today as opposed to goofing off on TGT and find a route that does not put me on the interstate. ( I thought for sure since I was in the city limits there would be an access road, lol)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Our Bakfiets weighs easily 100lbs with the kids loaded so don't judge me on my speed!
    90e0a7369f88acdb45d6578c1e12f711.jpg

Both of them ? Bet they loved that. That thing was cool. Wanted to ask y’all about it, but had to get home before anything started to hurt and make driving my standard transmission truck painful.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Both of them ? Bet they loved that. That thing was cool. Wanted to ask y’all about it, but had to get home before anything started to hurt and make driving my standard transmission truck painful.
    Just a run of the mill bakfiets. It looks weird, but handles great (it does take some getting used to the front wheel being so far away)

It's a Dutch cargo bike (bakfiets means box bike in Dutch). Made in The Netherlands.They are fairly pricy, but infinitely better than a trailer because the kids can see where they are going and we can watch them. They can even lay down in the bottom and sleep.

Their only real downside is weight, it's probably 60lb dry and with 2-kids it pushes 100lb, that can be mitigated if you get the electric version (which is a $1000 more and heavier to boot) but e-bikes defeat the purpose of a bike for me.

Once the kids get big enough we can all ride normal bikes, we will use it to make grocery runs. I have nothing but good things to say about the bike.

86b582dcb992fb9cba374e653741e165.jpg

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The guys I see riding together, here, in spandex,
    seem to like riding exclusively with only guys... in spandex... :)
    Thankfully my wife rides (held a PRO mtb license for years) and she rides with a bunch of cool, fast gals and they invite me to ride with them, they are better than dudes to ride with by any category you pick.

P.s. you AR is a bolt action...

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The guys I see riding together, here, in spandex,
    seem to like riding exclusively with only guys... in spandex... :)
    As @cycleguy2300 will attest , I wear no spandex at all. If you looked at me, and then at my bike, if it weren’t for the cycling shoes you would think a homeless guy stole a really nice bike

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    As @cycleguy2300 will attest , I wear no spandex at all. If you looked at me, and then at my bike, if it weren’t for the cycling shoes you would think a homeless guy stole a really nice bike
    Tell me about it!! My runs out to The Driveway get held back by all the slowing and accelerating at lights and stop-signs. I try to (and usually can) beat the cars through the intersection once the light turns green then be at cruising speed as soon after the intersection as I can. Those little punches of power help you get faster everywhere.

Top Bottom