• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I agree with you philosophically but in practicality I am with Israel. Iran has made it abundantly clear they intend to eradicate Israel as soon as they have a nuclear weapon. Israel does not have the conventional weapons for the kind of strike necessary to prevent that. Sniff and Blow will be far from helpful. A preemptive nuclear attack before Iran can field a nuclear weapon is their only realistic hope to continue breathing.
    I think you may underestimate Israel's capabilities.
    Guns International

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I think you may underestimate Israel's capabilities.
    Perhaps I was unclear. My doubt is that they have sufficient numbers to weather out the attrition to get enough conventional ordnance to the target especially after the Russkies upgraded Iran's air defense in a huge way.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I agree with you philosophically but in practicality I am with Israel. Iran has made it abundantly clear they intend to eradicate Israel as soon as they have a nuclear weapon. Israel does not have the conventional weapons for the kind of strike necessary to prevent that. Sniff and Blow will be far from helpful. A preemptive nuclear attack before Iran can field a nuclear weapon is their only realistic hope to continue breathing.
    I don't know how you can say they can't do it with conventional weapons. I don't know and have never seen any publicly revealed information addressing this topic. So, how is it you are so aware of it ?

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga

I support Israel also and always have. I just hope that they wouldn't use a nuclear weapon unless they just had to. Israel has developed some very sophisticated weaponry as of late, the US is even testing the Iron Dome missile defense system for possible acquisition (probably to be canned under Biden). I think, hope they will have something on the order of a MOAB (GBU-43) to get the job done. I don't think anyone wants fallout drifting across their lands.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I don't know how you can say they can't do it with conventional weapons. I don't know and have never seen any publicly revealed information addressing this topic. So, how is it you are so aware of it ?
    Basic arithmetic. It takes a significant number of conventional weapons to do the same damage as a single nuke. By extension, a significant portion of the Israeli air force would have to successfully penetrate hostile airspace and successfully deliver ordnance on a specific target where the nuke would require only one aircraft on the mission to successfully deliver payload. There is the possibility of shoving a MOAB out of a cargo plane but barring some Israeli black magic it would be far more difficult yet to get through hostile airspace.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Basic arithmetic. It takes a significant number of conventional weapons to do the same damage as a single nuke. By extension, a significant portion of the Israeli air force would have to successfully penetrate hostile airspace and successfully deliver ordnance on a specific target where the nuke would require only one aircraft on the mission to successfully deliver payload. There is the possibility of shoving a MOAB out of a cargo plane but barring some Israeli black magic it would be far more difficult yet to get through hostile airspace.
    My money is on the Israelis....without nukes.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga

This is true, short of some stealth aircraft large enough to deliver a payload like a GBU-43 it's just not going to happen. I believe Iran is fielding the S-300 now, that's going to be tough even for our aircraft to get passed.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    This is true, short of some stealth aircraft large enough to deliver a payload like a GBU-43 it's just not going to happen. I believe Iran is fielding the S-300 now, that's going to be tough even for our aircraft to get passed.
    Ivan took really good care of Iran!

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    They can't stand the bad PR around the world for that. They can get it done and I bet have the plans in place 24/7 to execute it.

All I can say is I would not F with the Israelis, lol. Love those guys and gals. Anytime something happens to them I just sit back and wait for the response, I'm almost never disappointed.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    They can't stand the bad PR around the world for that. They can get it done and I bet have the plans in place 24/7 to execute it.
    They can stand bad PR a lot better than they can stand glowing in the dark themselves if they don't get the job done completely the first time.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    They can stand bad PR a lot better than they can stand glowing in the dark themselves if they don't get the job done completely the first time.
    The real losers are the European countries that allow Iran to give them the finger and continue development of nukes. These people are pretty much as useless as the democrats in the USA. Not a complete spine if you put them all together. Once this horse is out of the barn, they will pay as well sooner or later.

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    The Israeli's won't ask anyone's permission before striking. They may inform, but that's it.

And they know how to stack the deck in their favor - really smart military intelligence. Back in the day, they took old US Hawk missile batteries and modified them to easily bring down, at that time, top-notch MIG-25 overflight aircraft. Even the US didn't know how to do that - or wouldn't admit to knowing.

The issue with the Iranians is actually the Chinese; not so much the Russians; though they have a dog in this fight with their alliance to Assad in Syria. The Chinese will ship whatever the Iranians need to top off their own research for a nuclear weapon to guarantee instability in the region. China has a vested interest in keeping both the US and Russians out of the game until it's too late.

Israel has top notch intelligence....Iran won't get far enough into the bomb manufacturing before a flight of Israeli fighter-bombers or a missile strike leaves a 5 story-deep crater at the site. And they'll have help from some unlikely partners who will remain conveniently remain anonymous. No telling what the Chinese will do then.

LR

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    The real losers are the European countries that allow Iran to give them the finger and continue development of nukes. These people are pretty much as useless as the democrats in the USA. Not a complete spine if you put them all together. Once this horse is out of the barn, they will pay as well sooner or later.

Europe is going down the tubes along with the US with all the woke BS. Europe was heading down that hole long before the US. I wish the US had pulled out of NATO long ago as it's just a paper tiger, I would just feel sorry for the Poles and Czechs. The only real reason for us to still be in NATO is for the strategic air bases and troop installations in order to launch a quick reactionary force in a shtf situation. Doubtful even that will be needed with the current admin coming into the white house. Let Europe pay for it's own defense, they'll be hurting once they can no longer make money off US bases.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Only ONE country that has ever used NUKES against another.

Give ya 3 guesses.

We already started in 45.

But hey whos counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I reckon I'm having trouble figuring out the point/tone of your post. It comes across, at least to me, that you're suggesting the U.S. did something wrong in ending a war, which it did not start, in the means available to it at that time.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I reckon I'm having trouble figuring out the point/tone of your post. It comes across, at least to me, that you're suggesting the U.S. did something wrong in ending a war, which it did not start, in the means available to it at that time.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm actually intoxicated now so I'll remove myself from this conversation. I'll read up to tomorrow. :green:

Top Bottom